HomeTroller Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller Plus

Anyone out there using this hub? I'm considering purchase but want to know if it will restart itself after a power loss, assuming I do the windows thing regarding username/passwords. I'm guessing there is no internal battery Also want to know if anyone is running Blue Iris on this or one of the other similar machines. Do most users leave a display connected, or do the remote desktop thing?
    thanks in advance for any comments on this hub.

I recently bought one to upgrade my HS3 to HS4. I moved from the Hometroller SEL after the upgrade did not go well. I do like the Hometroller Plus. It's based on Windows 10 and yes, it will restart after power loss automatically. I don't have feedback on running Blue Iris. But, butter that this is a low power device (which I prefer).

I just bought a second one for a second property to upgrade to as well. I do leave it connected to a monitor, kb, and mouse. But, that's only because it was easy with my setup. It's not necessary. For my second one, I will not keep one connected. Also, I use a Z-Net for my Z-wave interface, but one could use the usb dongle if desired.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Always good to hear from others and their experiences. I did purchase the Plus a couple weeks ago and so far very happy with it. Transferred HS3 without any problems, then installed the Z-wave/Zigbee adapter (no devices yet, but they're on the way). I plan to use it in a mostly unattended location, so the auto-start thing is critical. I set it up with remote desktop so I can get in when needed. I purchased a similar box for Blue Iris and the 2 are happily talking to each other.

Comment

I am looking to update my HomeTroller Pi running HS4 to the HomeTroller Pro. Do you see any issues with converting to the Pro?

Comment

My older setup was a Windows laptop, so my transfer was simply a directory swap. Sorry, I can't be of any help with the Pi conversion, don't know anything about it.

Comment

Working...
          X