POE Adapter for HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POE Adapter for HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub

Does anyone happen to know if there is a reliable POE Adapter for for the HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub? I am looking to streamline our home networks and would like to eliminate unnecessary power connection devices. I would like to power the HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub via my POE switch. I have had no issues running the Z-NET devices via POE adapters.

HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...smart-home-hub
    Z-NET POE adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079D5452Z

Those devices are not PoE enabled but if you can look for a compatible injector from Amazon... IMPORTANT NOTICE : Look at the power plug (supply) which came with the device and make sure of it's output DC voltage and AMPs that they match (The Amps on the injector may exceed but not be lower than the original power supply... You have been warned!

Else,
    if your device was not set in stone, there are devices out there which were designed with all the bells and whistles : https://www.waveshare.com/product/ra...poe-4g-box.htm

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks! But, I do want to keep the device. It shows that it needs .55amp input and 2000mA output. So, it looks like I need to find a connector that fits and provides 2000mA output.

So, still just curious if anyone has found the proper connector.

Comment

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post
        Thanks! But, I do want to keep the device. It shows that it needs .55amp input and 2000mA output. So, it looks like I need to find a connector that fits and provides 2000mA output.

So, still just curious if anyone has found the proper connector.
        If your power adapter is 12 volts then it's the one in the Amazon link in my post at #2

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I would look at the power consumption and voltage input as shown on the device. If it uses 2000ma at 12V it would be 24-watts. The POE standard allows just shy of 13 watts. POE+ can do 25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F987D1F-7861-483F-8725-84D3AE6A9707.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1506659
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks all. I did go ahead and purchase the one above from Amazon. It does look like it will work. We'll see.

Comment

By the way, what I like about managing the device this way is if the device needs to be restarted, I can easily reset the power on the port on the POE switch to restart the device. I do this for multiple devices, but only use it when all else fails in trying to manage the automation. Fortunately, this has only been used very very rarely.

Comment

Hopefully your switch is POE+ or POE++. I doubt standard POE will support the HomeTroller current requirements.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                X