Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot get the Homeseer HS-WX300 added into my Hometroller plus - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get the Homeseer HS-WX300 added into my Hometroller plus - Solved!

Hi Folks,

I need some help and have tried everything I can think of.

I am unable to get the Hometroller Plus Hub to recognize my HS-WX300 switch. Both the Hometroller and HS-WX300 are brand new and were just unboxed. I have installed the Z-Wave Core and the Z-Wave UI plugins.

Here are the steps I follow to reproduce:
    A) I go to Plugins > Z-Wave > Add device.
    B) I then tap Continue under step-1.
    C) It moves to step 2, and it says "Starting..." for only 5 seconds. <- I suspect this is where the hometroller is failing as it should probably wait longer than 5 seconds.
    D) During this 5 second window, I tap-tap-press & hold the bottom paddle of my Homeseer HS-WX300. The light on the HS-WX300 starts flashing white. I assume this means it is in inclusion mode.
    E) After sitting at "Starting..." for only 5 seconds. It moves onto "Done" and says "Include process FAILED for an unknown reason. Please try again."
    F) When I click Details it says "No log data available".

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-26 17_41_08-Add Z-Wave Device.png Views:	2 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	1510397

I've ensured that during that 5 second window the HS-WX300 is flashing, and HS4 always displays this behaviour.

When I go to Plugins > Z-Wave > Settings, the Nortek Z-wave device is there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-26 17_41_43-Plugin.png Views:	2 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	1510395

When I got to Plugins > Z-Wave > Manage Interfaces the Nortek Z-Wave interface is enabled (green).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-26 17_41_28-Z-Wave Interface Management.png Views:	2 Size:	67.7 KB ID:	1510396

In device manager, I see the zwave stick is installed properly. I am using a Nortek HUSBZB-1 Z-Wave and Zigbee stick.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-26 17_42_54-Homeseer - 192.168.0.89 - Remote Desktop Connection.png Views:	2 Size:	363.5 KB ID:	1510398

I've tried rebooting the Hometroller Plus, and that hasn't helped either.
    I've also tried removing the device first; but I experience the exact same symptom with the removal process (5 seconds when I hit conitnue)

I don't know what else to do.

Has anybody experienced this before?

Date/time=11/26/2021 11:33:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
    Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.6.0 (Windows)
    License=Registered
    Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: besstar tech
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.18363
    Uptime=0 Days 6 Hours 27 Minutes 29 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.0.89 (HomeTrollerPlusG1)
    Device Count=29
    Event Count=0
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 92 Stepping 10 at 1.03 GHz
    Modules/Threads=115 Modules, 52 Threads
    Available Threads=1023
    System Load=164 Processes, 39% Load
    Free/Total Memory=1.63 GBytes / 3.85 GBytes (42% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=2.15 GBytes / 4.54 GBytes (47% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=31 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=4 EXE Plug-Ins using 28 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Harmony Hub 4.0.13.0,Philips Hue 4.0.24.0,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
    Attached Files

Support helped me solve this problem and I figure I'll share the solution on here in case others run into it.

Here is what I did:

Went to Plugins > Z-Wave > Settings and choose to enable Show Legacy Z-Wave Menu
    Went to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management and select your Z-Wave Interfaces

When I went into controller management, I noticed this error:

"Your Main interface for this network must be the SUC, SIS, or primary controller to use this function"

I then used the option to ERASE THIS INTERFACE AND CREATE A NEW NETWORK (I have no installed z-wave devices, so I didn't have to worry about backing anything up).

I then deleted the old network. This fixed the problem and I can now add devices.

Hope this helps the next guy! Cheers.

Comment

I am having this exact same problem. I am running a brand new set-up with Troller hub, and the HS4 Z-Wave plug-in. If I follow Plugins>Z-Wave>Settings there is no longer an option to Show Legacy Z-Wave Menu.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is what my Interface looks like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	187
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1587268

This is the error I get

Views:	172
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1587269

These are the log file entries from when the plug-in is initialized.

Views:	166
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	1587270

If the issue is the polling on the network that it seems to arbitrarily create (CA85602E - I have no idea what this is or where it comes from)......how do I solve this as there is nowhere to replicate the "ERASE THIS INTERFACE AND CREATE A NEW NETWORK"?​​

Comment

Working...
      X