Z-wave Stick Required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Stick Required?

Since the cheaper hub is out of stock I might have to buy the troller plus. In the description it says it has Z-wave compatibility already. Then at the end of the description it says that it requires a Z-wave stick. I just got screwed of by Insteon & don't want spend anymore money than I need to. Do I really need the z-wave stick? Obviously I don't need it for my Insteon stuff. However if I decide to buy some z-wave stuff down the road.

Yes, if you want to add Z-Wave devices to your HS4 setup you will need a Z-Wave interface.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The plus is 2X the price of the Pi version that come with z-wave built in. That seems a little ridiculous to me.

Comment

I would ring or email HST to establish when the HomeTroller Pi is due. I though it was very soon.

You don’t need Z-wave unless as Rupp indicates you intend to expand your home with Z-wave devices and the same goes for zigbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jadesse View Post
          The plus is 2X the price of the Pi version that come with z-wave built in. That seems a little ridiculous to me.
          The logical reason for the price difference, includes Windows licensing, hardware, RAM and hard drive for the HomeTroller Plus all come into it.

Comment

Also subscribe to Homeseer email subscription so you get their special and a discount on your fist purchase… if I remember correctly.

Comment

I see the troller pi is available again. Is there any benefit to getting the plus. I plan on expanding so I will probably add some z-wave stuff.

Comment

Hello,

The PI is a very reliable capable unit is cheaper to purchase, runs Linux and uses an sd card. The benefits of the plus is more related to the hardware and your personal preferences to Windows or Linux. If you believe that you are going to expand your system the us may provide more longevity

Comment

I have played with both and I have found the Troller is a bit more powerful. And other than that, HS4 is HS4... i think expandability is now the key issue

Comment

Working...
                  X