Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restarting HT Plus HS4 software from web browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restarting HT Plus HS4 software from web browser?

Can you restart the Home Troller Plus HS4 software from a (Macintosh) browser vs. having to go though Microsoft Remote Desktop to restart HS4 or physically removing the power cable from the hub and plugging it back up? Thanks.

Originally posted by Kwinsteon View Post
    Can you restart the Home Troller Plus HS4 software from a (Macintosh) browser vs. having to go though Microsoft Remote Desktop to restart HS4 or physically removing the power cable from the hub and plugging it back up? Thanks.
    It is possible with a number of free plug-ins. I use the free HS3 legacy plug-in BlShutdown. Jon00 offers a utility as well. You can also use an immediate script. I like the plug-in because there are multiple options to restart HomeSeer, shut it down or rebooting the O/S.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        It is possible with a number of free plug-ins. I use the free HS3 legacy plug-in BlShutdown. Jon00 offers a utility as well. You can also use an immediate script. I like the plug-in because there are multiple options to restart HomeSeer, shut it down or rebooting the O/S.
        Given that the OP is using HS4, why not just use the built-in menu commands to shut down or restart HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Given that the OP is using HS4, why not just use the built-in menu commands to shut down or restart HS4?
          If he is running Linux, yes. Windows versions don't have that option. The OP didn't state the O/S, but a HomeTroller plus runs Windows 10 embedded, I think.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Unfortunately that pull down menu item is not available using the HT Plus HS4 software and a web browser. It would be a nice addition for a future software revision - hint hint!

Comment

Working...
            X