Vision Z-Wave Glass / Shock / etc Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision Z-Wave Glass / Shock / etc Sensors

Does anyone have any experience or know if the Vision Z-Wave Shock, Vibration & Glass Break Sensor (ZS5101US ) is compatible with HS _SEL and Z-wave ? I do not see it on the compatibility chart and am really looking for a good glass, vibration, etc sensor. Any and all comments welcomed. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Rupp; March 4, 2016, 09:04 PM.

It's not so much an SEL issue as it is a HomeSeer issue. I haven't seen anyone post about this particular device. The functionality strikes me as pretty basic, so I'm guessing it will probably work just fine (I.e., a glass break is really no different than a door sensor from the perspective of HomeSeer).

Is there any way you can purchase one with the ability to return it if necessary?

Comment

Thanks Mikedr ...I will get one via Amazon and return it if it does not work. I will post results here.

Comment

I got the Vision Galss / Vibration sensor Tuesday and have been playing with it. It works as advertised and has a sensitivity dial on it which helps a lot. No issues with it joining the network.

I mounted it on a sliding patio door in the back of the house and was concerned about the vibration when closing the door shut ( usually close it a little hard). With the adjustable vibration and 15 minutes all was good. Wont trigger on a normal or "kinda hard" close, but will if you try tugging on the locked door from outside, bump the glass, etc.. it fires off.

Cant decide if the 10 second reset is a good thing or not yet. I guess if someone was trying to pry the door open, it would trigger every 10 seconds which would be good. One bash of the glass and 10 seconds is not long enough. I guess thats what motion sensor are for in the room as well.

Overall.. it works, works well and if you need vibration sensing, this should be dandy for you!

Comment

Virtual Device rollup

Not sure if you are still watching this thread, but I've just noticed it. I have 6 of these at a client site. Their triggering is all rolled up into a virtual device status. From there, you can completely pick how long you want it to take for the virtual device to go back to untriggered/no shock.

I have found that they work well, but I did notice an interesting behavior. As the battery dies, you may see that they will trigger motion but not reset to no motion. A fresh battery will fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X