X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is killing me

My HTZ has become deathly slow. I spotted this entry in the log every 30s

HSTouch Server Debug
    10:24:04:4095 ~ Updating device enumerator due to a device change.

A search through other threads suggested i'd some debug option turned on but I can't see where. I also can no longer log in locally or through MyHS to HSTouch but i suspect this is related to the above. Any pointers?

============
    Current Date/Time: 1/11/2017 10:27:23 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 7 Days 0 Hours 38 Minutes 59 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.32
    Number of Devices: 17
    Number of Events: 14
    Available Threads: 396

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Malcolm

I would image the SD card asap and write the image to a new one.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

What SD card?
      Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
        What SD card?

It's inside the Zee. The entire OS and drive structure is on that SD card.
        cheeryfool

Comment

As this was a Christmas present and is only a few days old I'm not minded to taking a screwdriver to it.

HS Support's suggestion was to restart the device which has made no difference.
          Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
            As this was a Christmas present and is only a few days old I'm not minded to taking a screwdriver to it.

HS Support's suggestion was to restart the device which has made no difference.
            Unfortunately, it may come down to just that. The SD Card is buried inside the case and there is no other way to get to it. I had to rebuild my Zee twice and it is just much easier to do by removing the card and using a USB card reader to do it. There is a whole procedure for doing this that is documented elsewhere in the forums.

Homeseer - or any other home control setup - is not plug and play and the fact that the Zee is Linux adds some additional complexity to the equation (especially if like me, you had very little experience with Linux). The learning curve can be a little steep and frustrating - especially when things aren't working as they should in the first place.

I have found that the slowness you are describing is often the result of a single device flooding the network with traffic. You may find some resolution by shutting down your devices one by one and testing. I generally leave the logs page running on a PC 24/7 to keep an eye on what the controller is doing and if there are any issues.

You may have some success by enabling Log Send and Receive Device Information from the ZWave Configuration page. This will dump a LOT of data to your logs, but may allow you to isolate if you have some device crippling the network with traffic.

Comment

Working...
            X