Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License Failure - How Long Do HomeSeer Take To Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Failure - How Long Do HomeSeer Take To Fix?

I did my evaluation period on a notebook, and when I had to move ahead with go-live earlier than planned I purchased the Pi version and installed it on a temporary gear. All good.

I now have the actual gear I intended - Pi 3B+, super fast and reliable class 10 MicroSD, UZB, etc. Created my own setup exactly as I did the original and am now up and running ready to setup from scratch, as while I was ecstatic with the old setup it was all very temporary and I won't do it it all nice and clean now.

Except... the license won't work, it obviously isn't happy I'm now doing it on another device. I've filed a support request but curious how long that's going to take... as HomeSeer won't even let me set a timezone or a colour or even say boo in the current license situation, can't touch a single thing.

Thinking of re-instating the other Pi if these kind of requests take a while? Albeit I lose my weekend of perfecting the setup... unless I can easily copy just the license file over from the old one so it doesn't need to reactivate... don't want any config, database, logs, or anything I'm starting fresh.

Simply copying licenses.bin is all that is takes to move your licenses (including plugin licenses) to a new machine.
    stefxx

Comment

Legend mate, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X