Trying to WinSCP to log into Hometroller Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to WinSCP to log into Hometroller Zee S2

I have been trying for hours to log into my Hometroller Zee S2 using WinSCP. I have just downloaded and installed WinSCP onto my Windows 10 machine and the computer is on the same network as the Zee is on (both hardwired). I have HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435 installed on the Zee.

No matter what username and password I enter, I cannot get it to connect. I have tried the username and passwords I set up when I set-up the Zee. I have even tried the default username (homeseer) and password (hsthsths3). I even tried setting up a new user with Admin + Local user rights under the Web/HSTouch User Settings. I made sure the file protocol was SFTP. The port name 192.168.1.185 is correct and the port number is 22. No matter what I do, I I keep getting "Access denied." I even tried logging in using the command window and SSH.

I can use a web browser to log into the Zee's web interface with no problem. I can also use HSTouch on my iPhone.

I have been searching the forums for a solution, but cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. Anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

Try using the Raspberry Pi default of user: pi and password: raspberry. On all of my Z-Nets and the Zee image I downloaded, this default was still enabled. The username homeseer should also be good, but the password could be one of the newer ones. So far they have used:

hsthsths3
    zneths15
    zneths16
    zeehs16
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Not one of those usernames and passwords worked either.

Comment

I have yet to see one (either Z-Net or Zee) that didn't still have pi/raspberry enabled. I just got into all of my Z-Nets using those. All of my Z-Nets also work with homeseer/zneths16. For a test, I just burned a fresh ZeeS2V2 image to a card and booted up a Pi3. None of the username password combinations worked. I was able to SSH or WinSCP with homeseer as a username and with the password I set HomeSeer up with initially. My guess is that they are now disabling the default Pi username and password and the homeseer password gets replaced when you set it up the first time.

If you remember the password you set it up with try that with the homeseer user.
        Last edited by randy; August 25, 2018, 06:03 PM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The current HS3-Pi image (https://homeseer.com/updates3/HomeSeerPi.zip, post date 23-Apr-2018), has no pi account (i.e., no entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files). The password for the homeseer account is the traditional 'hsthsths3'. The root account also has a password (i.e., a crypt exists in /etc/shadow) which remains unknown after my feeble guesses.

PS. reminder: Linux user names as well as passwords are case sensitive. The user name is all lower case 'homeseer'.

Comment

Working...
          X