Znet flashing red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Znet flashing red light

WiFi identifies IP on Znet interface but when I http the ip the set up doesn’t show. I have a flashing red light on the Znet.

A blinking red light indicates that HS3 can't communicate with the Z-Net. What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? Also did you enable the Z-Net interface via the Z-Wave plugin options and is there a green check mark on the interfaces page?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for answering. Yes I enabled the Z-net plug in and no the green check is not there. It can’t find it. My wifi assigned the ip then I changed it for a static ip using google controls .Here is my system info:

Current Date/Time: 9/15/2018 10:21:42 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 17 Hours 48 Minutes 16 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.86.11
      Number of Devices: 133
      Number of Events: 52
      Available Threads: 199
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 1
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.0.56: DSC Security
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

How do I get rid of the flashing red light on the Z-net?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefflsmith1 View Post
          How do I get rid of the flashing red light on the Z-net?
          You need to get your Z-Net to connect to the HS Z-Wave plug-in.
          Does your Z-Net show up on http://find.homeseer.com?
          Is you HS Interface connected by IP or name on the Controller Configuration page?
          You say you cannot find the green check mark as in this image:

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1247537

What symbol is where the green check mark should be? If it is disabled it will show . You can click on the disabled icon and it will try to connect. If you are seeing a warning icon that means it cannot connect. Maybe you could post a screenshot of your interface configuration page.

Also worth noting that there is sometimes a problem setting a Z-Net for a static IP. They have been known to float 2 IP addresses on the same MAC address. It has proven far more effective using DHCP and setting an IP reservation in the router.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Has this worked in the past or is it a new install? At what frequency (approx.) is the red LED flashing? It normally stays constant on, until it connects at which time it turns green. Continuous flashing could indicate that its cycling on reboot, which most likely would be due to a trashed SD card. If possible, connect up an HDMI monitor to see what might be on the display.

You said "I changed it for a static ip using google controls" -- what is google controls? It this something in your router?

Comment

I have the older ZNET interface. I was having trouble a few years ago with the power going out in my hometroller SELnot being able to find my Z-net. I set a static IP on the z-net. Now flash ahead a few years and I’m getting a new Wi-Fi mesh system by google installed as my router. I switched over before I took the static IP selection off my Z net. At the direction of tech support, I hooked up my old router to the ZNET and the Internet , found my ZNET IP address and switched the z-net from static to DHCP. My new google router now identified my z-net . At that point I assigned the ZNET a static ip through the software of the wifi. The light went to flashing red. I get a warning icon on my interface config page. My wifi shows one IP for the MAC address of the ZNET but I think my raspberry based ZNET is confused. How do I unconfuse it?

Comment

At power up, the LED on the Z-Net should illuminate amber for a few seconds. During that time, you can enter R followed by Enter from an attached keyboard. That should reset the networking config to factory default (DHCP).

When you search from https://find.homeseer.com, does the Z-Net show up?

If you disable the Z-Wave plugin, does the flashing stop?

Comment

And no it doesn’t show up on find.homeseer.com

Comment

You said it started flashing when you assigned a static address via the wifi (router). Can you undo that?

Comment

Yes I did. It is dhcp again. The interface config page is set for Ethernet Interface and I’ve tried both ip addresses , the static and the other assigned one. No luck. I am getting the message “ Internetinit failed: Failed to connect to interface at either of the IP addresses that I’ve used, the static or the dhcp one assigned by my router. Can the ZNET be connected directly with the hometroller to communicate?

Comment

The Z-Net can be connected via Ethernet, as long as you have enough ports on your router/switch. Connecting directly to the hometroller using its extra Ethernet port is technically possible but requires advanced networking and I doubt you want to go there.

The LED flashing still bothers me, you never said how fast its flashing or of it stops flashing if you disable the z-wave plugin. I'm wondering of the SD card has become corrupted.

Comment

I have a 4or 5 year old ZNET. There is no SD card.the red light does not stop flashing if I disable the zwave plugin. The light flashes at a 1,2,1,2,1,2 count on 2

Comment

Hmmm, well it probably does have an SD card, its just not immediately apparent. See here for a guide for where it is and how to replace it.

Comment

I appreciate your feed back. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                              X