Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeTroller ZEE S2V2 Blue Light Issue - NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller ZEE S2V2 Blue Light Issue - NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Team,

One of my few customers just brought me their HomeTroller Zee S2V2. They said it wasn't reachable over network and had a blue light. When I received the unit, I placed a monitor , mouse and keyboard on it & Powered it up. After turning green for a brief period (After Modem Manager, but before HomeSee is starting...shows up and failed when launching the HSConsole.,exe:

Failed when Starting Gettty pm tty1..., did not complete Starting Update UTMPAbout System Runlevel Changes....

Hope that helps some...

Error is as follows:

Cannot open assembly 'HSConsole.exe' : FIle does not contain a valid CIL image.

Just a couple of facts:

1.I can login to the box, I was able to connect it to my network and get WINSCP to see its content. I've saw one post on this from 2015 that mentioned the same error, but I am not sure what they did to fix it.

I don't want to loose this customer's configurations either, over 100 hrs of work there. I saw the hold shift restore option as a last ditch effort , but wasn't sure what all files I would need to back up to ensure I can restore all the configs.

2. I looked in the update logs and saw Sept 2 as last update, so maybe it failed during a update or something??

3. When I look at the restore it shows version 3.0.0.292 I am not sure what version is currently installed v/s that restore of original iso.

Please let me know what other information I can provide to help....

They've been down a week, so I would like to get this resolved ASAP..

Any help would be great..

Can anyone point me to any instructions on how to backup the config and add it back once you do a system restore, if that's my only option?
    Also, is there anyway via Linux command to confirm the Version of HomeSeer software currently installed? I know the restore options shows the original image was 3.0.0.292, but I know it has been updated since...

Comment

All the user data is in the Config and Data subfolders off the HomeSeer root. Save the contents of those, and the Logs subfolder as well if you want to try to restore the log data.

In the file settings.ini in the Config subfolder there is a line (starts with "io_" IIRC) that lists which plugins are enabled. It doesn't show ones that are installed but disabled. To determine all the installed plugins, probably need to list the root folder and look for files matching HSPI_*.exe.

licenses.bin in the Config folder holds all the license keys. Once you reinstall the plugins and this file, the plugin licenses should show up.

Comment

The key for the list of plugins is io_interfaces. To display, cd into the HomeSeer root, then

Code:
        grep io_interfaces= Config/settings.ini
        To find the HS3 application build, try this, again from the HomeSeer root:

Code:
        strings HSConsole.exe | grep "3\.0\.\0\."

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          All the user data is in the Config and Data subfolders off the HomeSeer root. Save the contents of those, and the Logs subfolder as well if you want to try to restore the log data.

In the file settings.ini in the Config subfolder there is a line (starts with "io_" IIRC) that lists which plugins are enabled. It doesn't show ones that are installed but disabled. To determine all the installed plugins, probably need to list the root folder and look for files matching HSPI_*.exe.

licenses.bin in the Config folder holds all the license keys. Once you reinstall the plugins and this file, the plugin licenses should show up.
          Thanks. This helps a ton. Can I copy the USR\HomeSeer folder on my Windows PC via FTP ( i am using WINSCP) and then copy it back without any corrupting or format issues? If so I've already copied the files just wasnt confident enough to try without confirmation.

Comment

I would recommend copying to a new SD card. No telling if the existing one is damaged or just corrupted.

To back up to the PC, the WINSCP method is probably safe. HS3 is a Windows application, so there won't be any name collisions due to mixed case names.

If I was doing it, I'd archive it on the machine, then FTP the archive to the PC. To do that, cd to a directory outside the HomeSeer root (example /home/pi or /home/homeseer), then

Code:
            tar czf HSbackup.tgz -C /usr/local/ HomeSeer
            Then FTP the HSbackup.tgz file to the PC.

Comment

Working...
            X