No announcement yet.

Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface -ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to note. The light on the top goes green right away even before my HS3 gets a chance to connect to it. I thought that light should only go green AFTER HS3 connects to it.

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
      just tripped on this thread, so not sure if still need the help. but I had a similar issue a while back so thought i should mention it.

i have 6 z-nets and sometimes for no apparent reason they would get messed up. i found the issue with the Zwave.ini file, located in the Config directory of HS3. You'll see at bottom each zwave interface has a set of lines, including "IFace_5_Ethernet IP=192.168.1.xx". Mine had multiple interfaces with the same IP number.

It's pretty obvious when you look at the file if that's the problem. Couple ways to fix it. if you run automatic daily backups of HS3 directory (you should), just find an older file which looks ok and move it to your current Config directory. If not, make a backup now of the HS3 and then edit the file to try to restore things. Be really careful and triple check, but these are just text files and pretty straightforward.
      I know his thread is a bit old, but thank you, thank you, thank you!! This fixed a problem that I have been frustrated with for days. Thank you!
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

glad to be able to help...

Comment

glad to be able to help...
          Possibly, you could be of help again. This is baffling me. I edit the zwave.ini file to set my Z-Stick as main and it does not get assigned as main. But, the most puzzling is the following:
          [Interfaces]
          IFace_0_Name=Z-Stick
          IFace_0_Unique=5E7405
          IFace_0_IsMain=True
          IFace_0_HomeID=00-A5
          IFace_0_Node=AE
          IFace_0_Model=32
          IFace_0_COMPort=COM7
          IFace_0_EthernetIP=192.168.0.72
          IFace_0_EthernetPort=2001
          IFace_0_Disabled=False
          IFace_0_ZNETName=Auto

Where is the program getting an IP address and port for the Z-Stick, which is not ethernet? I edit these lines out and they come back, even when I close HS3 to do the editing and restart the program. I'm not even using the IP subnet any longer, too.
          Elliott
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

sorry, no idea, been a long time since I had a Z-stick in my system. but i'd approach it by first figuring out what that IP is... if you don't have an IP scanner yet, get one. I use this www.advanced-ip-scanner.com also, i wouldn't make a habit out of editing that .ini file. clearly it gets updated by HS3/Zwave -- so i'd think you should always try to use the zwave management functions. i only edit mine if things get broken -- which on;y tends to happen when i'm making big changes to the zwave network....

Comment

H
              sorry, no idea, been a long time since I had a Z-stick in my system. but i'd approach it by first figuring out what that IP is... if you don't have an IP scanner yet, get one. I use this www.advanced-ip-scanner.com also, i wouldn't make a habit out of editing that .ini file. clearly it gets updated by HS3/Zwave -- so i'd think you should always try to use the zwave management functions. i only edit mine if things get broken -- which on;y tends to happen when i'm making big changes to the zwave network....

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using fing desktop to scan my network, but I just downloaded the Advanced IP Scanner. I ran the scans and could not find any device with address 192.168.0.72 (scanning 192.168.0.1-254). I did find the expected devices when I scanned 192.168.4.1-254, which is the subnet for my router. Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Possibly, you could be of help again. This is baffling me. I edit the zwave.ini file to set my Z-Stick as main and it does not get assigned as main. But, the most puzzling is the following:
                [Interfaces]
                IFace_0_Name=Z-Stick
                IFace_0_Unique=5E7405
                IFace_0_IsMain=True
                IFace_0_HomeID=00-A5
                IFace_0_Node=AE
                IFace_0_Model=32
                IFace_0_COMPort=COM7
                IFace_0_EthernetIP=192.168.0.72
                IFace_0_EthernetPort=2001
                IFace_0_Disabled=False
                IFace_0_ZNETName=Auto

Where is the program getting an IP address and port for the Z-Stick, which is not ethernet? I edit these lines out and they come back, even when I close HS3 to do the editing and restart the program. I'm not even using the IP subnet any longer, too.
                Elliott
                This is old thread, but still an issue for me and no one could offer a solution a few years ago. To recap: I have 2 Z-Nets on one network and 1 SmartStick+ on another. Often, when I restart the plugin, I get this error: Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.

Only, one of the two Z-Nets cannot connect. The Z-Wave.ini file is as above. After removing the EthernetIP and EthernetPort of the SmartStick+, which is on a COM port, of course, in the Z-Wave.ini file, my Z-Nets connect. However, after restarting the plugin, when I look again at the Z-Wave.ini file both the EthernetIP and EthernetPort are back for the SmartStick+. This was occurring with HS3 and continues to occur with HS4. Again, where is the program getting this information, why is it being added, and why is a subnet that has not been used in over 5 years being added? macromark any thoughts? Thanks.

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows), Z-Wave 4.1.0.3​

Comment

Working...
                X