Reboot Hometroller Zee Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reboot Hometroller Zee Daily

Is there a way to set a Hometroller zee to reboot daily at a specific time? I believe there is away to have HS3 reboot the system, but if HS3 isn't running then it can't reboot.

the reason I'm asking for this if the network connect is lost HS3 won't reboot, so I'd to force a rebooted of the system at a specific time so it doesn't have to be done manually. A few hours of the system down is better than days.

Thanks

You could set up a Cron job to execute /usr/local/HomeSeer/restart.sh

Bob

Comment

An example of this? Where do I set this up?

Comment

Here is a link to an explanation to set up a Cron job.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/2368...-up-a-cron-job

Comment

Thank you! I'll get that a try.

here's a question that I may be getting carried away with things: can i have a condition that if HS3 is not running to do a system reboot?

Comment

Homeseer has feature that is called HSSentry which is supposed to do what you want. It can be turned on from the HS3 "Setup" page. I have never used this and I have seen where others had problems with it causing their system to get into a reboot loop. Here is what the literature states: "HSSentry acts as a hardware watchdog that is reset from within the HomeSeer scheduler. If the scheduler stops running for any reason, HSSentry will reset the unit. This results in nearly 100 percent uptime for the unit."

Bob
            Last edited by Bob_Linux_User; October 10, 2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I've enabled the HSSentry on about 5 units now and I haven't had any issues thus far. I know a couple units have had network issues, but once the network was back up and running I was able to log into HS3 without any problems. I didn't need to reboot the controllers.

Comment

Working...
              X