Questions on restoring from a HS backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on restoring from a HS backup

Since I've been having difficulties get my Zee to update it's version of Mono, it was suggested that I download the current Pi image from HomeSeer and image to a new card.

So first I backed up my Z-wave content on the controller page.
    Then I backed up the HomeSeer config to my laptop.

I was able to get the new HS Pi image downloaded and imaged to a new SD card and swapped out the SD cards in the Zee.
    The system came up and I logged in, re-registered and went into HS Setup and performed the Config restore.
    It worked and rebooted.
    And then I went into the Z-wave controller page and restored the Z-wave backup.

However, I'm having a few problems now.

a) only the X-10 and Z-wave plugins appear on the plugins page - no sign of EasyTrigger (registered) or EnvCanada plugins

b) on the Z-wave controller page, it shows me with two identical Z-wave controllers with an error message - images attached.

Questions
    1) how can I remedy my Z-wave controller issues?

2) what happened to my 2 missing plugins - EasyTrigger and EnvCanada? Are plugins not automatically backed up inside the HomeSeer config backup?

3) if plugins aren't backed up in the HS Config backup - how else could you back them up?

4) if I switched to this newer version of the SD card, would I have to re-install those missing plugins? Is that "normal". I gotta be missing something.

Thank gawd, I can go back to the original (mostly) working card.

Cheers and Happy New Year everyone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture01.JPG
Views:	1030
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1271023

Name:	Capture02.JPG
Views:	952
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1271024

You do need to re-install the plugins on the Plugins->Manage page. I found that for some plugins it worked better to install the plugins before restoring the config, but for most it worked just as well to install them after the config was restored. The license info for paid plugins is stored in the restored config so you shouldn't have to re-enter that.

Regarding the Z-Wave problem, what does the log show when it tries to connect? You might try disabling the interface (click on that gold exclamation point icon) and re-enable. Also try cycling (disable/enable) the plugin.

Comment

Thanks for this helpful info.
      I've noted what I need to do on my next attempt to switch cards.
      I had tried disabling and re-enabling the gold exclamation point with no success.
      Next I will try disabling and re-enabling the the plugin AND noting what the log is showing.

Comment

Did the duplicate controller show up after the z-wave restore? A z-wave restore was likely not needed as its config is stored on the z-wave daughter card. I'd restore all of HS again but skip the z-wave interface restore part and see if it shows up properly.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ok, I will do that tomorrow when I have a larger window of time.
          I just tried re-inserting the card I created on the weekend and disabling Z plugin and turning off the exclamation mark and then turned them on and got the content below.
          But I will start with a fresh image tomorrow.

Not sure if this is of any help or if the image is now "tainted" .....
          Jan-02 10:11:53 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
          Jan-02 10:11:53 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: HOMER IP address: 192.168.15.60
          Jan-02 10:11:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:10:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:09:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:08:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:07:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:06:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:05:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:04:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:03:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:02:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:01:42 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Rigby).
          Jan-02 10:00:42 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
          Jan-02 10:00:33 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Cannot open COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, exiting. Ex=Input/output error
          Jan-02 10:00:32 PM Z-Wave Warning Rigby: Cannot configure COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, will attempt an open.
          Jan-02 10:00:32 PM Z-Wave Warning ------------------------------------------------------------------
          Jan-02 10:00:32 PM Z-Wave Warning - Z-Wave Transmit/Receive thread was not running - restarting... -
          Jan-02 10:00:32 PM Z-Wave Warning ------------------------------------------------------------------
          Jan-02 10:00:28 PM Z-Wave Error Rigby: Cannot open COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, exiting. Ex=Input/output error
          Jan-02 10:00:27 PM Z-Wave Warning Rigby: Cannot configure COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, will attempt an open.
          Jan-02 10:00:27 PM Z-Wave Warning Rigby: Exception(1) with COM port (/dev/ttyAMA0): Input/output error
          Jan-02 10:00:27 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Getting node information from controller...
          Jan-02 10:00:27 PM Z-Wave Warning Rigby: Exception(1) with COM port (/dev/ttyAMA0): Input/output error
          Jan-02 10:00:16 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Controller firmware version: 4.32
          Jan-02 10:00:16 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
          Jan-02 10:00:12 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Getting node information from controller...
          Jan-02 10:00:12 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
          Jan-02 10:00:10 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Getting node information from controller...
          Jan-02 10:00:10 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: Getting node information from controller...
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Rigby (Internal) on /dev/ttyAMA0
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Jan-02 9:59:58 PM Z-Wave Rigby: ============================================================ ==========
          Jan-02 9:59:19 PM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
          Jan-02 9:59:19 PM Z-Wave STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
          Jan-02 9:59:19 PM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
          Jan-02 9:59:16 PM Z-Wave 465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
          Jan-02 9:59:16 PM Z-Wave 3 event actions were loaded from HomeSeer.
          Jan-02 9:59:16 PM Z-Wave 0 event triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
          Jan-02 9:59:16 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 6432 milliseconds

Comment

Looking at the latest ZeeS2 image (hspi3_image_091218) I'm seeing something I don't think is right.

In the file /boot/cmdline.txt, I believe the clause "console=serial0,115200" should be removed. This clause is included in the default OS distribution, but in this configuration it will result in console output routed to the internal Z-Wave controller. That would disrupt communication for sure.

If you are still having issues and want to test this theory,

Code:
            sudo cp -p /boot/cmdline.txt /boot/cmdline.txt-orig
            echo "dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait bootmenutimeout=n" | sudo tee /boot/cmdline.txt

Comment

I'm going to test this right now.
              I assume that this is the sequence I should follow
              -burn a fresh image (currently in progress)
              -insert new card in Zee
              -boot
              -perform your suggested edits
              -reboot

Thanks for taking the time to examine my question to this level of detail. I hugely appreciate the help and will let you know what happens.

Comment

Yes, that sounds good. Also follow sparkman 's advice and only restore the main config, which should restore the z-wave as well.

Comment

Hooray! Looks like I managed to get it running cleanly!
                  It didn't look like the code you provided worked from the Linux Tools screen so I re-entered them in a Putty session, rebooted and that seemed to do the trick.
                  And I didn't restore the Z-wave backup as directed.
                  No Z-wave errors.
                  I was getting X-10 COMM errors which cleared when I updated to the recent release and re-started the plugin.
                  I re-installed the EasyTrigger and after a re-boot the log file seems quiet.

All that's left is to re-install the EnvCanada plugin and see how that's working (either tonight or tomorrow) chrisgo

But so far, things seem to be ok and error free (knock on wood!)
                  Just surprised that the Config restore didn't restore the time zone. Simple enough to set manually of course.

Thanks for the support!

Current Date/Time: 1/3/2019 7:17:55 PM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.473
                  Linux version: Linux HS3Pi3v5 4.14.69-v7+ #1141 SMP Mon Sep 10 15:26:29 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 44 Minutes 35 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.15.10
                  Number of Devices: 220
                  Number of Events: 247
                  Available Threads: 394
                  HSTouch Enabled: True
                  Event Threads: 0
                  Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                  Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                  Device Exec Queue: 0
                  HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                  Email Send Queue: 0
                  Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.0.5: CM15A
                  3.0.0.54: EasyTrigger
                  3.0.2.234: Z-Wave

Comment

Great!

Comment

Unfortunately I spoke prematurely.
                      It turns out that the Z-wave devices are frozen at the date of the backup (Last Change date is Dec 30) and not controllable from that screen. Nor are any z-wave events running, according to the log.
                      Any suggestions?

Comment

Can you stop the zwave plugin, restart it and post the related log entries here? Next to try would be to go to the Plug-Ins - Manage page, click on the hyperlink for the Z-Wave plugin. What does that page show? There’s an option to reset the zwave database there, so you could try that too. What if you rescan your network, what happens?
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here's the log after the Z-wave restart.
                          Jan-04 9:04:47 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Family Room Table Lamp to On (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Jan-04 9:04:46 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Family Room Table Lamp to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Jan-04 9:04:35 AM Device Control Device: First Floor Family Room Pole Lamp to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Jan-04 8:57:37 AM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network C814F6C3...
                          Jan-04 8:57:24 AM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                          Jan-04 8:57:24 AM Z-Wave STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
                          Jan-04 8:57:24 AM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Security S2 Support Is Enabled
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: ............................................................ ..........
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: ............................................................ ..........
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby is the SIS for the network.
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby Controller is static lib.
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby Controller chip type is ZW050x.
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Found 36 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (Rigby)
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: C814F6C3
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
                          Jan-04 8:57:12 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
                          Jan-04 8:57:10 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Controller firmware version: 4.32
                          Jan-04 8:57:10 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: Getting node information from controller...
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Rigby (Internal) on /dev/ttyAMA0
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave Rigby: ============================================================ ==========
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave 465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave 0 event triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Z-Wave 3 event actions were loaded from HomeSeer.
                          Jan-04 8:57:07 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 8214 milliseconds

And here's the screencap from the Z-wave hyperlink page.

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	953
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1272278

I'm running a light scan now and will post when complete.

Comment

I just recently upgraded from a RPi to a SEL. After moving the Z-stick and installing the Z-wave plug-in all my AC powered device came back fine. I did have to rescan and wake-up each of my Battery powered devices.
                            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                              I just recently upgraded from a RPi to a SEL. After moving the Z-stick and installing the Z-wave plug-in all my AC powered device came back fine. I did have to rescan and wake-up each of my Battery powered devices.
                              Come to think of it I had a similar issue with my Zwave transceiver and devices when I moved from my old RPI3 to my ubuntu VM. To me I found that since the old HS3 server was an RPI3 that was affixed high on the wall and the new vm host is low on a shelf. This caused trouble with range on the Zwave transceiver because my equipment sits in my furnace room under the main I beam for the house. I had to
                              1. Downgrade USB drivers on the vm host (I don’t think you need to worry about this).
                              2. Adding a 6’ extension and powered USB hub and mounting it to the same location high on the wall (same place as the old RPI3). Then connecting the Zwave transceiver to the powered hub.
                              3. Set the right interface for the USB transceiver on the Zwave interfaces menu in HS3.
                              4. I do remember having to wake each battery device individually.

You might try switching the Zwave Interface and then back to the right usb interface. Then change a device manually and see if it works properly. If so wake your battery devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X