Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a restore, my events have bodies but no conditions or triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is scary - I was able to launch your image, update it and then imported my year-end HS Config backup.
    And those events have no headers either!!!! Holy crap!

I am going to try restoring earlier backups.
    Suggestions, voodoo, mystical spells are welcome

Comment

What version of mono is on that image?
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Interesting 4.5.1
        Mine was running 3.2.8 at the time - maybe that explains why they're broken here, too?

Comment

Yep. It was 4 that broke them. I don’t have any older images. Perhaps someone has an older image. The jump from 3 to 4 is what broke them, 4 to 5 is not a problem IIRC.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ahh, ok.
            Well, in my old image copy, I managed to remove the pieces of the old mono - now I just need to find the set of commands that will install that specific version of Mono on the card.

Googling has indicated I should try something like this
            (I'm reaching for the 3.8 version because there is no 3.2.x in the repository)

echo "deb https://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.8 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list
            sudo apt-get update

Comment

If your OS version is "jessie", the default mono build is 3.2.8. If its "stretch", you'll get 4.x something.

So if it's jessie you're in luck. To check,

Code:
              more /etc/os-release
              If it says jessie anywhere in there you're good to go. If its stretch you'll have to set a repository as you found thru googling.

If jessie, make sure that you've not set an alternate repository in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/, then install

Code:
              sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono*
              sudo apt-get update
              sudo apt-get install mono-devel mono-vbnc

Comment

Thanks for those code snips but it's actually neither of those - it's something called "wheezy"

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
                NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
                VERSION_ID="7"
                VERSION="7 (wheezy)"
                ID=raspbian
                ID_LIKE=debian
                ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
                HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
                SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
                BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

And this is the Mono version I had (and trying to get back to)

Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4+rpi1)
                Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                TLS: __thread
                SIGSEGV: normal
                Notifications: epoll
                Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
                Disabled: none
                Misc: softdebug
                LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                GC: sgen

Comment

wheezy is even older than jessie. It's worth a try. Just run those three commands I posted. Won't break anything.

Comment

Thanks for this. While I was very hopeful that it would reinstall Mono and that would fix things, that wasn't the case. Seems like other stuff was broken too.

I ended up abandoning any hope of updating that SD card with the proper Mono and getting things to the point where I could export my events for upgrading.

I have begun the painful process of re-entering my 250+ events into the new image/SD card and proceeding that way. I'm about 50% done.

It was a frustrating experience. Everything had been working fine under the old image/Mono except the Environment Canada plugin stopped working when Environment Canada switched to HTTPS feeds - which apparently didn't work under that old version of Mono.

And since I had been finding sooo much event-related functionality with that plugin - tying my sprinkler system and pool controls etc. to past, current and future weather values, I needed to go down that path to get it all working again....which it is, finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
                      Thanks for this. While I was very hopeful that it would reinstall Mono and that would fix things, that wasn't the case. Seems like other stuff was broken too.

I ended up abandoning any hope of updating that SD card with the proper Mono and getting things to the point where I could export my events for upgrading.

I have begun the painful process of re-entering my 250+ events into the new image/SD card and proceeding that way. I'm about 50% done.

It was a frustrating experience. Everything had been working fine under the old image/Mono except the Environment Canada plugin stopped working when Environment Canada switched to HTTPS feeds - which apparently didn't work under that old version of Mono.

And since I had been finding sooo much event-related functionality with that plugin - tying my sprinkler system and pool controls etc. to past, current and future weather values, I needed to go down that path to get it all working again....which it is, finally.
                      I had this same problem and the solution was to rebuild the events as you have. It’s a painful resolution to this problem. I wish we could know when an update would have this affect.

Comment

Misery loves company
                        But sorry to hear that you had to do the same thing.
                        At this point, I'm probably 80% through my rebuilds. The summer-specific ones can wait a bit. This morning it was -20C/-4F here.

Comment

Working...
                        X