Conbee and deConz on my HomeTroller Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conbee and deConz on my HomeTroller Zee

Looking to add Zigbee to my network for affordable sensors. I use a Zee and was going to get a Conbee and the Raspbian version of deConz then the HS plugin.

Can anyone confirm that conbee works with the zee and that Raspbian deConz works as well?

I know the JowiHue plugin works with Conbee and Deconz, I don't use those only Hue, but you should check it out.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRidgeDog View Post
      Looking to add Zigbee to my network for affordable sensors. I use a Zee and was going to get a Conbee and the Raspbian version of deConz then the HS plugin.

Can anyone confirm that conbee works with the zee and that Raspbian deConz works as well?
      I would not try to run deCONZ on the Zee itself. I would recommend getting another Raspberry Pi to use for deCONZ. With this you could use the ConBee USB stick or go with the RaspBee for the Pi.

I have both ConBee and Raspbee and they both work well with the JowiHue plugin for devices that deCONZ supports. That's the key is that deCONZ must support the device for JowiHue to be able to do anything with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

I would not try to run deCONZ on the Zee itself. I would recommend getting another Raspberry Pi to use for deCONZ. With this you could use the ConBee USB stick or go with the RaspBee for the Pi.

I have both ConBee and Raspbee and they both work well with the JowiHue plugin for devices that deCONZ supports. That's the key is that deCONZ must support the device for JowiHue to be able to do anything with it.
        Why do you recommend not using the same hardware? HS3 seems to have little processor load. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRidgeDog View Post

Why do you recommend not using the same hardware? HS3 seems to have little processor load. What am I missing?
          It's not the hardware it's the OS age that is generally the problem with trying to run anything that did not come on the systems. The raspbian version on the stock Zee is very old and chances are low that deCONZ will run. You can give it a try but it may be more frustration than it's worth and because it's a Zee it's not meant to be a "general purpose" system so I would question whether HST would support any issues after it being modified....

Comment

Working...
          X