Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am no longer being recognized as an Admin over my own account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am no longer being recognized as an Admin over my own account.

I can log into my HomeSeer account with my user name and password but when I try to add a new ZWave light through "Menu/Plugin/ZWave/Controller Management" I get a window that tells me "Only Admin users have access to this page", and it won't let me continue further. Please refer to the attached documentation. What's next please?
    Attached Files

You need to delete the users.cfg file to reset all of your logins. In order to delete the users.cfg file, you will need to complete the following steps: If you are running on Linux:

1) Download the Putty software, which can be found on the putty.exe link here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...ty/latest.html
    2) Note down the IP address of your HS hardware, and navigate to Tools > System > Shutdown HomeSeer
    3) Open up Putty and enter the IP address in the appropriate field (leave the port as-is), and click Open. If you receive any errors or warnings, click yes.
    4) Once connected, you will be asked to log in. The username is homeseer and the password is the system password which you set when first configuring the device. The default is hsthsths3. Keep in mind that you will not be able to see the letters you enter for the password, nor any indication of such. This is a security feature of Linux.
    5) Once you are logged in, enter the following command, without quotes "sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/users.cfg" Linux is case-sensitive, so it will need to be entered exactly as you see here. You should be able to copy and paste. It may ask you for the system password again, which once you enter, will delete the file.
    6) Enter the command "sudo reboot" and your system will restart. You will then be able to connect again and recreate your users.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well done! It worked! Big smiles! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X