Event to restart zee s2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to restart zee s2

I have see s2 at a remote location. Internet access is achieved via an ATT cellular hotspot. I login via the myhomeseer service.

After a period time (days not weeks) I lose the ability to login. I have some events setup that email me the schlage zwave door lock is locked or unlocked. I don't receive emails after not being able to login via myhomeseer. When I arrive to the remote site the ATT hotspot shows the see s2 as a connected client. When I try to login via a local network connection I am not able. I run he BLlock plugin and it logged all the actions that occurred to the lock even when I could not login (remotely or locally).

If I unplug the zee s2 and then plug it back in (very inelegant way to restart) networking now works fine and I can log in both via a local network connection and via the myhomeseer remotely. In some period of days I lose the ability to login.

Is there a way to setup an event that would elegantly restart the "system" at a particular time?
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Here is an event action that should do the trick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reboot event.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1296097

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. Set the event up and tested. Seemed to work fine. Now have it set up to execute daily at 10pm. I set up another event that fires off at 10:10pm that sends me an email. If the reboot is successful then the email will arrive. If it is not successful then it won't. That should suffice to let me know the state of things.

Again thanks for your help!๐Ÿ˜

EDIT: The 10pm event fired and then the 10:10pm event sent the email. Will let this run and see if I keep my connection to the remote zee s2.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        Here is an event action that should do the trick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reboot event.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1296097

Hi, I have a ZEES2 installed some days ago with your procedure described in the Post "1250541-an-hs3-linux-installer-package".

I tried this way to reboot instead of &hs.RestartSystem ZEES2 has been rebooted although Shutdown routine is not executed and the time to do the reboot is so fast... I assumed, according what you described in the referenced post, that HomeSeer knows when a reboot is ordered and then it trigger a normal HomeSeer shutdown.

What do you think is happening? Many Thanks in advance!

Comment

The installer is targeted towards the HS3 standard/pro editions rather than the HS3-Pi edition (ZeeS2). What part(s) of the installer did you use?

On my test system (Pi 3B, HS3-Pro 3.0.0.511, nine plugins enabled), time from issuance of reboot command to actual shutdown (indicated by sequence of flashes of the Pi's green led) is approx. 50 seconds. This compared with about 15 seconds on a Pi not running HS3.

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue of the Zee S2 being uncontactable via the network after a number of days (although it continues to run events and control devices successfully, and shows it is still connected to the network via the lights in the network connection socket). This has only started happening since I upgraded the operating system to .500 (and subsequent beta versions). I upgraded purely to take advantage of the new Homeseer mobile app.

Prior to upgrading I had no such problem; the system ran happily for months without rebooting. I am therefore working on the premise that the upgrade is to blame.

Has anyone else experienced this since upgrading, and is there a way to downgrade the system as a way of proving this?

Comment

Originally posted by rgke View Post
              I am experiencing the same issue of the Zee S2 being uncontactable via the network after a number of days (although it continues to run events and control devices successfully, and shows it is still connected to the network via the lights in the network connection socket). This has only started happening since I upgraded the operating system to .500 (and subsequent beta versions). I upgraded purely to take advantage of the new Homeseer mobile app.

Prior to upgrading I had no such problem; the system ran happily for months without rebooting. I am therefore working on the premise that the upgrade is to blame.

Has anyone else experienced this since upgrading, and is there a way to downgrade the system as a way of proving this?

I am experiencing the same thing on my Zee S2. I know reboot twice a week as a way to keep it running - as described above. Mine seems to run for about 4-5 days and then has the same conditions as you describe - no network access however, events seem to fire and unit continues to operate other than network access.

Comment

I've had the same problem since the move to the new mobile app and versions above .500. Has anyone figured out why and a fix for this?

Comment

You guys having this issue need to put in a help desk request at support@homeseer.com so the devs know this issue is affecting a lot of users. Do not rely on others to do this or the devs only see one ticket and think it's a one off issue.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X