Lost Zwave Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Zwave Network

My HomeTroller Zee rebooted last night unexpected and today I now am not able to control any of my devices. It appears a new Zwave Node 0FC54BF5 has been created and that is the Main interface now. My original node 01850B75 is saying there is no interface initialized for this network. Any way to make this the current node now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-09 https connected22 homeseer com(1).png
Views:	601
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	1303817

Is this a US Zee? If so, it should have an internal Z-Wave card. However, you also have a SmartStick+ attached ... ??

You have an internal card if there is a red/green LED on the top of the unit.

Try this: Click 'Add Interface', then Set Interface Model to 'Internal', click Add, then try enabling.

Comment

The unit is one of the original Zee's as I purchased back in 2014 and does not have an internal Z-wave card. Therefore since I do not have an internal interface would your suggestion still work?

Comment

OK, that explains that. No, attempting connection to a non-existent interface is pretty much guaranteed to fail.

So it appears that the SmartStick has somehow been reset. I wonder if its going bad. Here are some things you can try.

1) On ZWaveConfig page (Plugins->Manage, click on the Z-Wave link), click on the 'Reset Z-Wave Data' button. Mouse over the button reveals a tooltip that describes what this does.

2) Restore Z-Wave network. If you've added/removed any devices in the past year or so, a backup was automatically created for you. The backup files are located in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/Z-Wave/*.ZWave. To restore, go to Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management, expand the interface. Under Actions, select 'Restore a Network to this Interface'. The available selections to restore are the *.ZWave files referenced above.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did the Reset Z-Wave Data button but I do not have the option to "Restore a Network to this Interface" under the Controller Management. I have attached a screen shot of the available options. Any thoughts?

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-10 HomeSeer Web Control - Ev (3).png
Views:	559
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1304038

Comment

Unfortunately not all controller versions support restore. The SmartStick+ generally does but you may have an older version. In the log, when you enable the Z-Wave plugin, what do you see for Controller Manufacturer and firmware version?

Code:
            Z-Wave    UZB: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.111, connected to interface ok.
            Z-Wave    UZB: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
            Z-Wave    UZB: Getting node information from controller...
            Z-Wave    UZB: [COLOR=#FF0000]Controller Manufacturer: PowerLynx, ID=0x1, Type=0x4[/COLOR]
            Z-Wave    UZB: [COLOR=#FF0000]Controller firmware version: 5.5[/COLOR]
            Z-Wave    UZB: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
            Z-Wave    UZB: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
            Z-Wave    UZB: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: F2954E94
            Z-Wave    UZB: Found 1 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (UZB)
            Z-Wave    The interface's security support has been set.
            Z-Wave    UZB Controller chip type is ZW050x.
            Z-Wave    UZB Controller is static lib.
            Z-Wave    UZB There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
            Z-Wave    UZB is the SIS for the network.

Comment

Here is what is in the log. I removed and added a device last weekend and it seems like everytime I make a change something goes wrong with controller. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-10 Log.png
Views:	533
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1304045

Comment

No idea why you're not offered restore option - that firmware version is identical to that of my Z-Net, which has the internal card. What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?

Code:
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.105, connected to interface ok.
                Z-Wave    EZZee: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Getting node information from controller...
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
                Z-Wave    EZZee: [COLOR=#FF0000]Controller firmware version: 4.32[/COLOR]
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: EBCF7B0B
                Z-Wave    EZZee: Found 20 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (EZZee)
                Z-Wave    The interface's security support has been set.
                Z-Wave    EZZee Controller chip type is ZW050x.
                Z-Wave    EZZee Controller is static lib.
                Z-Wave    EZZee There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
                Z-Wave    EZZee is the SIS for the network.

Comment

The plugin version is 3.0.1.133. I'm pretty sure I was offered the restore option before because I did at one point upgrade from a z-stick to the SmartStick+. Like you said I don't have any idea why it is not offered now.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-11 Interfaces and Add Ons.png
Views:	545
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1304135

Comment

The latest official release of the plugin is 3.0.1.252 and the latest beta is 3.0.1.261, so you should probably upgrade it first and try again. Not sure why yours is not showing a later version being available, but take a look lower on that screen in the Lighting & Primary Technology and Beta sections.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I didn't see where I have the option to update the plugin in the sections you indicated. I think because this is an early version of the Zee those plugin fields are not an option and the reason I can't update the plugin. I also recalled an email I got from support several months ago that the original Zee does not allow for individual updates to plugins, which is why I can't move past version .133. I had been planning to combine my home installation with a standard version of HS3 i'm running on a virtual machine with a Z-Net at my office over a VPN. I already took my office Z-Net to the house and used that to get my home network up and have a new Z-Net on order for the office. This problem has just pushed me to do it now as I was getting tired of maintaining two different installs. Plus with the upgrade problems on the original Zee it was time to move on as I've been having issues when adding devices recently. I've been able to recover most of my nodes from the backup on the Zee but the backup was about a year old so not complete. Have entered most of my events and gradually getting it back to normal. I was hoping to get the Zee functioning again to import all the nodes but don't think that will happen. I appreciate your help trying to recover but at this point just going to move on with the migration/combination.

Comment

Working...
                      X