Homeseer Zee to Homeseer Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Zee to Homeseer Migration

I had a previous post about losing my Zwave network in my Homeseer Zee installation today. I also talked to support about the issue and they think my SD card might be failing as none of the troubleshooting they tried seemed to work and I am unable to upgrade to the latest beta version of Homeseer to see if that would fix the problem. I have a Homeseer HS3 standard edition at my office that currently is only controlling a couple of thermostats. It is on a virtual machine and I'm using a Z-Net Remote for the zwave interface. I also have an established VPN between my home and office. The thermostats at my office are only controlling heat so do not need them now for a few months so want to know if it would be possible to do the following. I would like to move the existing Z-Net remote to my house from the office. I would have to clear the existing zwave network from the interface and then import the zwave network from my home to this interface. I do not have a current backup of my zwave home network but believe I have 90% of my existing devices on the backup that I do have to import into the Z-Net remote. Because of the problem with my home zwave network I'm not able to export the existing zwave network to import into the Z-Net remote. Once I have the Z-Net remote on my home network I would import the home zwave devices into the Z-Net remote using the HS3 at the office. I would then import the events.json, event_groups.json and timers.json from my home installation into the office installation. I would the purchase a new Z-Net remote for the office to control the thermostats and import the config from the old Z-Net remote that was at the office to this new Z-Net. The events I had set up for the thermostats at the office I believe should still be in HS3 so would not need to import or make new events. My end goal is to just have 1 Homeseer running to control things at my office and at my house. Before I go taking things apart I want to find out if the plan above would work and if so if I'm missing anything in trying to do this type of migration.

Any assistance or comments would be appreciated.
Working...
X