Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aniversery PI cant keep time TEN MINS A DAY! YEEEE HAAWLL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aniversery PI cant keep time TEN MINS A DAY! YEEEE HAAWLL!

Im living off the grid and still having problems with ASUS trying to get their act together for USB WAN. Anyway, I configured my PI and it works great except it seems to lose about a minimum of TEN minutes a day.. Fortunately I can connect a wifi LAN USB adaptor to it and have it connect to my cell phone, but I have to disconnect if from the LAN, REBOOT, and then let it connect and sit on line for I dont know how long until it updates the time.. Does anybody know if there is anyway for this device to sync up to router time or PC time, or any other clock on the LAN? This is a nightly isolated specific task that I must do to accommodate the screwed up clock until ASUS fixes their firmware.. Oh well, I suppose I can deal with it till the firmware gets fixed. But I have never owned anything that had some reference to time on it that loses ten mins a day WTf..?

The Raspberry Pi doesn't have a real-time clock (RTC). A trade-off apparently to keep the price low.

Googling suggests a couple of options

1) add an external RTC, for instance https://learn.adafruit.com/adding-a-...ry-pi?view=all

2) Setup your PC as a time server and point the Raspberry Pi at that.

Comment

Awesome thats a great idea! I never knew the PC could be a time server! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X