Can't get Z-Wave to initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Z-Wave to initialize

Got my Hometroller Zee S2 up & running, but when I turn on the Z-Wave interface, it's not configured. I can't seem to get it to add an interface with any of the "interface model" selections.. Am I missing something?

The interface model for use with the US model GPIO daughter card is 'Internal'.

Comment

There is only one port available when I select internal, and that just gets me to this screen after I try to enable it.

Comment

Here's the log file when trying to initialize:
        Jun-12 3:19:36 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
        Jun-12 3:19:27 PM Z-Wave Error Internal: Cannot open COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, exiting. Ex=Input/output error
        Jun-12 3:19:26 PM Z-Wave Warning Internal: Cannot configure COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, will attempt an open.
        Jun-12 3:19:26 PM Z-Wave Warning ------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jun-12 3:19:26 PM Z-Wave Warning - Z-Wave Transmit/Receive thread was not running - restarting... -
        Jun-12 3:19:26 PM Z-Wave Warning ------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jun-12 3:19:25 PM Z-Wave Error Internal: Cannot open COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, exiting. Ex=Input/output error
        Jun-12 3:19:24 PM Z-Wave Warning Internal: Cannot configure COM port /dev/ttyAMA0, will attempt an open.
        Jun-12 3:19:24 PM Z-Wave Warning Internal: Exception(1) with COM port (/dev/ttyAMA0): Input/output error
        Jun-12 3:19:24 PM Z-Wave Internal: Getting node information from controller...
        Jun-12 3:19:24 PM Z-Wave Warning Internal: Exception(1) with COM port (/dev/ttyAMA0): Input/output error
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Security S2 Support Is Enabled
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: ............................................................ ..........
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: ............................................................ ..........
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal is the SIS for the network.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal Controller is static lib.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal Controller chip type is ZW050x.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Found 1 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (Internal)
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: C1EFE781
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Z-Wave Serial API version: 8
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Controller firmware version: 2.8
        Jun-12 3:19:05 PM Z-Wave Internal: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
        Jun-12 3:19:01 PM Z-Wave Internal: Getting node information from controller...
        Jun-12 3:19:01 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
        Jun-12 3:18:59 PM Z-Wave Internal: Getting node information from controller...
        Jun-12 3:18:59 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
        Jun-12 3:18:57 PM Z-Wave Internal: Getting node information from controller...
        Jun-12 3:18:57 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: Getting node information from controller...
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Internal (Internal) on /dev/ttyAMA0
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Jun-12 3:18:45 PM Z-Wave Internal: ============================================================ ==========
        Jun-12 2:48:18 PM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.

Comment

There is a daughter card included in the unit, right?

There is an RGB LED on it that is illuminated red at power-up. Once it gets connected it will turn green.

Comment

OK, the log reminds me that there is an error on the downloadable image. You'll need to login to the Linux command line to fix it. Let me see if I can find a post where this is discussed.

Comment

This is a unit that was shipped to me with the wrong firmware, it thought it was a z-Net.. I reflashed the micro sd, and it does have a daughterboard with a red light at startup.. Everything seems to work on it now except that I can't get z-wave started

Comment

Found a post where this was discussed: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...74#post1271774

Comment

Thanks for the info.. I'll tell you that HomeSeer isn't making a fan out of me on this device.. First, they send it with the wrong firmware, then their download to "fix" their mistake has an error in it.. that they haven't bothered to fix since January? Yikes.

Do you know if can this be done remotely in a shell? or do I edit directly on the raspberry pi interface?

Comment

You can ssh into the unit using PuTTY, or you can connect an HDMI monitor and USB keyboard and do it from there. The ssh option probably preferable as it supports copy-paste of the commands I posted, rather that having to type them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertz2p View Post
                      ...I'll tell you that HomeSeer isn't making a fan out of me on this device...
                      When you contacted HomeSeer support were they unwilling to send you a new flash card with the working image or replacement Zee S2? They do have a 30 warranty.

Comment

They were willing, but I didn't want to wait longer, these were already on backorder when I bought them.. My hours to resolve this add up to triple what I paid for the device. If they know they have a download with an error in it, why the hell wouldn't they just fix it. And sending a device with another device's programming on it is pretty sloppy.

Comment

Currently using my Zee S2 as a test unit to try HS4 for the PI. I reloaded the image fresh yesterday using this thread (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-now-available).

Everything seemed ok but I was not able to get the internal zwave network to initialize, kept saying it was disabled. Tried all sorts of things, dozen restarts, nothing.

I stumbled across this thread describing the same issue. I then SSH'd into the Zee S2 and entered the lines one at a time and then restarted the unit. Zwave finally came up.

Code:
                          sudo cp -p /boot/cmdline.txt /boot/cmdline.txt-orig
                          echo "dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait bootmenutimeout=n" | sudo tee /boot/cmdline.txt
                          Hours of my life that Ill never get back, maybe someone else can be spared from this...

Comment

Thank you (again) zwolfpack ... These thorny little details are a bit of a PITA! 🙄

Comment

Working...
                            X