Zee S2 - reinstalling daughter board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 - reinstalling daughter board?

My Zee S2 SD card failed. While replacing it, I managed to detach the daughter board. Can anyone confirm that the pin alignment should be that the first pins on the mainboard attach to the first sockets on the daughter board? This seemed like the most logical and it does appear to align the hole in the board with the hole for the machine screw holding the case together.

I'm running into zwave controllers errors in the log after bringing the zee back up with the new card, I/O errors to COM1, power to the zwave controller errors, complaints that only a single device can connect to an Ethernet interface, etc. None of my zwave nodes are viewable, I'm seeing multiple networks created with the same homeid, just endless issues with the controller really.

Thanks for any help!

The alignment you mentioned is correct. It will only fit in one way and have the screw hole align correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by doa70 View Post
      I'm running into zwave controllers errors in the log after bringing the zee back up with the new card, I/O errors to COM1, power to the zwave controller errors, complaints that only a single device can connect to an Ethernet interface, etc. None of my zwave nodes are viewable, I'm seeing multiple networks created with the same homeid, just endless issues with the controller really.

Thanks for any help!
      COM1 is a Windows serial device; ZeeS2 is Linux. Check your settings on the Z-Wave Controller page (Plug-ins->Z-Wave->Controller Management). Under Z-Wave Interfaces, 'Interface Model' should be 'Internal'.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, and I have no idea why I typed “com1” there. The error indicated “COM port”, /dev/ttyAMA0 is the actual device it was trying to access. I saw something about this in another thread, maybe a bug from the sounds of it.

Anyhow, I was working with support on this and it turns out the newest image (the 16GB one on the download page) doesn’t work with my Zee, maybe too old. They sent me an older build and all of the zwave errors went away. Everything is back to working and I’ve got a shiny new 32GB sd card.

Comment

Working...
        X