HomeSeerBackup html.zip is invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeerBackup html.zip is invalid

I was examining the contents of my ZeeS2 backup files stored on my PC to learn what is where and noticed when I clicked on html.zip I get an error "Windows cannot open the folder" with the full path and file name ending with "is invalid". The file is 18,464 KB in size, dated today. The other three files Config.zip, Data.zip, and scripts.zip can be clicked on and viewed. I worry something is wrong with the file and if I need to restore from the file it will be useless and the restore will fail. I have three older backups from two days a go and older, and when I click on any of those three html.zip files I can see the contents. I just made another backup and that html.zip also is invalid. I just restarted the ZeeS2 system and made another backup and that html.zip file is also invalid. What is going on here? How do I make a good backup?

Fantastic, after over a year and now I have the same issue - html.zip is > 2GB so backup fails "404 Bad Request: /HomeSeerBackup"

And no response from Homeseer?

Comment

You better log a ticket here: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 HST is not really monitoring the forums.
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
        Fantastic, after over a year and now I have the same issue - html.zip is > 2GB so backup fails "404 Bad Request: /HomeSeerBackup"

And no response from Homeseer?

I did get a response from HomeSeer back in Feb 2020, they said "Don't worry about it. It is a backup file that HS makes and it will be fine." I thought what BS are they selling me? So I kept the last file that was readable by Windows as a valid html.zip file and figured if I ever needed to Restore I could at least have something even though it would be out of date.

I have nine HomeSeerBackup files on my PC starting with HomeSeerBackup_2_27_2020-10_46.zip and ending with HomeSeerBackup_1_4_2021-22_14.zip. In each HomeSeerBackup*.zip file there are the four files: Config.zip, Data.zip, html.zip, and scripts.zip. I can click on every one of those four files in each of the nine backup zip files and see all the files that are zipped inside... EXCEPT I cannot open and see the files in any of the html.zip files except for the oldest file I saved, and in that oldest html.zip I can see all the zipped files. Something changed after Feb 27 2020 in the backup file production code. Seems pretty clear to me that my HS3 ZEE S2 is creating invalid html.zip backup files that will be useless in a restore attempt.

I will attempt to log another ticket now but I think I did just that over a year ago and got the response I described above.

Comment

Working...
        X