Updated to HS4 - now not stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to HS4 - now not stable

I managed to update my Zee S2 from HS3 to HS4 by flashing the HS4PiV3-071320 image and eventually updated to 4.1.4.0. Got the main home interface setup with 15 Z-Wave nodes (33 devices) and a few events, Homeseer Smart Home working with Alexa and IFTTT -- all good. But, after only about a day of uptime (since the last restart) the Zee S2 dropped from the network (wired) and i couldn't access it at all. Status lights on the box were normal. A power cycle restored access and function.

I'm very disappointed - again!

It's a very long story why I used the image and set up again from scratch. I wanted everything completely clean. (I still have the HS3 SD card - BTW)

This morning I saw 4.1.6.0 update was available. I did that. It's running again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure what to do now. How do I get my Zee S2 stable again?

I have same Zee S2 HS3 as you. Bought a HS4 license last year. HS3 is totally stable has not malfunctioned even once this year. Based on what I’ve been reading here and with your post, I have no intention of upgrading to HS4 for another year. Maybe by then the upgrade will be plug and play with no issues.

Comment

I have both the Zee S2 and a windows version of HS. I upgraded the Zee S2 and it has been nothing but trash. I left the windows version on HS3 because it is stable and has been running for over a year. Pretty soon I will find something else besides HS.

Comment

Working...
      X