Assigning Static IP Addess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigning Static IP Addess

How do I assign a static IP to Zee S2 running the latest HomeSeer software?

Originally posted by Robert Willis View Post
    How do I assign a static IP to Zee S2 running the latest HomeSeer software?
    Should be simple.
    1. Go into your router's GUI.
    2. Find the Zee S2 and assign it a static IP address (on mine, under LAN setup it is "address reservation.").
    3. Reboot the Zee S2.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Setup... Network... Uncheck "Enable DHCP", then enter static information.

Edit: I do agree with the other posts that assigning a DHCP reservation in your router might be preferred. Downside includes remembering this when you replace the router or Zee in the future.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 8.07.09 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	1522556

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
        Should be simple.
        1. Go into your router's GUI.
        2. Find the Zee S2 and assign it a static IP address (on mine, under LAN setup it is "address reservation.").
        3. Reboot the Zee S2.
        +1
        Address reservation, although it does not technically give you a static IP address, is functionally equivalent, and in my opinion the better way to achieve the desired end result.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

+1
          Read your router's manual on how to do the "address reservation", as it does differ on different types of routers.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that replied. My home network is setup to have a group of Static IP addresses up to 10.0.0.64 with 10.0.0.65 thru 10.0.0.254 assigned to the DHCP. Initially went into the HomeSeer Zee Network Setup and unchecked the DHCP option and the ability to enter the static IP was not present. I had forgot select the SAVE button. Once I corrected my mistake, I was able to enter the required IP address. On the XFINITY XB7 Modem the DHCP reservation would only allow me to select an IP address in the DHCP range.

Comment

Working...
            X