No announcement yet.

Z-Wave problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does cause some motion troubles this was one of a few sensors. I had another sensor a Zooz motion sensor (brand new) that i finally removed because it was doing the same thing. I think I have had these problems since I upgraded to the new zwave plugin. Sadly I threw two old motion sensors like the one above away, too late to retrieve. I have three that are working ok.

Comment

At this point, I'm not sure what advice to give you. If it were me, I'd remove the beta Z-Wave plugin and start over with the 3.x plugin that's been around for many years. I can't tell you if that's going to fix everything, but it's a baseline. If problems continue, you are probably going to want a copy of Z-Seer+.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks for update, I have just recopied my sd card to another and I am going to try to resetup. I thought I could not delet the zwave 4.0.3.0 plugin and try to reload the old HS3 zwave legacy. I thought I read somewhere that once the new zwave 4.0.3.0 was loaded you could not delete and go back.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
          Thanks for update, I have just recopied my sd card to another and I am going to try to resetup. I thought I could not delet the zwave 4.0.3.0 plugin and try to reload the old HS3 zwave legacy. I thought I read somewhere that once the new zwave 4.0.3.0 was loaded you could not delete and go back.
          You can go back to 3.x from 4.x but you have to delete all of your events first and re-create them with 3.x, unless you had a backup from before you went to 4.x.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Ok I keep getting lights randomly turning on and all kinds of zwave problems. I am going to roll back to the legacy plugin for HS3.

You said I could go back to the old zwave plugin 3.x. I am presently on 4.0.3.0 plugin in HS4 on a HS4 Pi. Do I want to uninstall the version 4.x and remove my events tied into the zwave. Then reload the HS3 Zwave legacy plugin 3.0.10.0, restore the zwave backup of nodes I made to the zwave 4.X plugin and then finally rebuild my events. Does this sound right?
              Whats strange is the errors I get from the log say it is the legacy plugin causing the problem. Do I still have zwave plugins crossed some how? See below.
              10/2/2022 3:00:00 AM

HomeSeer
              Info
              Stopping the MyHS Service...
              10/2/2022 2:52:21 AM

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V3

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V4

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 27 is reporting 10 command classes in the node information.
              10/1/2022 10:59:50 PM

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V3

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY_V2

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Node 14 is reporting 8 command classes in the node information.
              10/1/2022 10:59:49 PM

Legacy-Plugin
              Z-Wave
              HomeTroller zwave: Contacting node 14 to get supported features
              10/1/2

​Got it working was able to roll back to v 3 of plugin.

Comment

Working...
              X