Will there ever be plugin for the Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there ever be plugin for the Zee

There is a few things I would like to see on my zee. I thought this was going to be perfect. I had it working but not with my best computer interface, the after the update I have nothing working.
    But will they ever make plug ins for the Zee. I would like to us my cameras on it, will we ever be able too?
    What about weather bugs or anything like that?
    Just any plug ins?
    But first I want to get my X10 to work, should have worked when I got it. maybe should have bought the bigger one, but thought this was going to be perfect.
    I know there was a few more plug in, but brain deed now, lots of working for the holidays, and lack of sleep.
    Would like to see them put a little bit more effort in getting the Zee to work then trying to sell it.
    danielbo

I agree. I find myself needing more plugins
    HST said HSTouch is next on the list, afterwards, they will work on a Zee version that allows plugin support. So, the short answer is - it might be a while
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It isn't designed to support a lot of things.
      Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

I've seen articles about the future version of the Zee with more options available such as plugin support.

Will there be a future update for the Zee that will allow us to use plugins?

I tried a friends camera and found that while the camera was detected, it was unable to use the motion features as the camera was not added a device to get any kind of status information.
        I was hoping the camera support would offer more.
        I realize this unit is a $200 box that is awesome for what it does, but I hope we'll be able to do more in future.

Comment

in the intro thread.. it was mentioned that an "enhanced" version would come... I am waiting
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

If it did start to support plugins then it would make me look a lot harder at it as to whether it is worthwhile me switch to HS3. I did see it mentioned that the issue is the Zee plugins are part of the image which might be why only HS plugins are the ones they can support at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              If it did start to support plugins then it would make me look a lot harder at it as to whether it is worthwhile me switch to HS3. I did see it mentioned that the issue is the Zee plugins are part of the image which might be why only HS plugins are the ones they can support at the minute.
              Yeah, the plugins are in DLL format instead of EXE. I think it was required that they be DLL for this version of mono. I did see that a new mono release was made available this week though. Hope it's a step to help HST with the Zee.
              Attached Files
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here already running remote EXE plugins in Mono on the Zee. It does work when I connect to the HS3 box whether its running Wintel or Linux.
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Here already running remote EXE plugins in Mono on the Zee. It does work when I connect to the HS3 box whether its running Wintel or Linux.
                  So you installed Mono on the ZEE and you have managed to get some plugins working. Is this correct?

Would be awesome if someone could do a guide if this is true

Comment

Yes, I definitely would like to see some plugins. I was hoping to control our sprinkler system, but it looks like that requires an external plugin. . .which means I can't do it with my Zee. Unfortunately. . .since it looks possible with the Veralite.

Comment

Maybe I can get a plugin that will allow me to set values into the Zee. Similar in fashion to how we can run .vbs from the command line in Windows.

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

So you installed Mono on the ZEE
                        Mono is already installed on the Zee.

and you have managed to get some plugins working. Is this correct?
                        I did and have been testing remote plugins running on the Zee talking to HS3 Pro on another machine such that Zee HS3 Lite is running, remote plugin #1 and remote plugin #2 runs fine.

There was some talk early on about being able to run HS3 plugins on the Zee. I haven't read anything lately about this though.

Jon's HS2/HS3 devices plugin works fine with HS3 Pro whether its on Linux or Wintel. Here running the plugin on a 3rd machine talking to the two aforementioned machines.

Thinking its the HS3 lite event engine running on the Zee that doesn't allow remote stuff.

Jon's HS3 Cumulus script reads a CSV file from the internet and updates HS3 variables.

Rob Mason's temperature script example (this one is also running on the Zee).

Code:
                        Imports System.IO 

''ZeeTemperature.vb - Rob Mason - 10/23/2013 - Free to use/modify. 

Sub Main(parm as object) 
                           dim FTemp,CTemp as Double 
                           dim lin as String 
                           dim sr as StreamReader 
                           dim dref as Integer = 1887     'use your own device reference 

Try 
                              sr = new StreamReader("/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp") 
                              lin=sr.ReadLine() 

CTemp = CDbl(lin)/1000.0 
                              FTemp = getFarenheit(CTemp) 

hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature","lin=" & lin & "-- CTemp=" & CTemp & "  FTemp=" & FTemp) 

''update device here - use CTemp or FTemp as needed 
                              hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(dref, FTemp, True) 
                              hs.SetDeviceString(dref, "Current Temp: " & FTemp.ToString("0.#") & "&deg F", True) 

Catch ex as Exception 
                              hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature",ex.Message) 
                           Finally 
                              if(not sr is Nothing) then sr.close() 
                           End Try 
                        End Sub 

Public Function getFarenheit(ByVal c as Double) as Double 
                           dim d as Double 
                           d = c*9/5+32 
                           return d 
                        End Function
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                        X