Zee not booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee not booting

I just plugged in my new Zee and it isn't starting up. I get the power light on, the activity light flashes for a bit, but none of the other lights are coming on. I tried with the Z-stick installed and not installed, and reseated the SD-card, but nothing happens. Can someone please help me out?

Originally posted by adamstone View Post
    I just plugged in my new Zee and it isn't starting up. I get the power light on, the activity light flashes for a bit, but none of the other lights are coming on. I tried with the Z-stick installed and not installed, and reseated the SD-card, but nothing happens. Can someone please help me out?
    Adam - sorry to see you're having problems. There are posts in this forum that should be able to help with updating your unit or restoring your SD card. Try updating the unit first. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your SD card.

If you don't want to do either and would prefer to have us fix it, submit a request for RMA at www.homeseer.com/returns
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have seen those posts, and figure that was the way that I needed to go. I will give that a shot.

Comment

If you can connect a monitor to the HDMI port, that can provide lots of insight into what's happening during boot-up.

Comment

That's an excellent idea. I will definitely give it a shot.

Comment

Yes I do. I don't know what I was thinking. It has one. Brain fart this sunday morning. I edited the post.

Comment

OK, so I have reformatted the SD card, and with an HDMI cable plugged into a monitor, it appears that the device is starting up properly. BUT, it is asking me for a HomeTrollerZEE login. I have no idea what to enter here.

Comment

It shouldn't be asking for one before it loads Homeseer. I am thinking it might be loading HS with an odd port number.

Thinking that is just what you see when it boots up and looking at the HDMI monitor connection. (login prompt)

The login is homeseer and the password is hsthsths3.

Personally here too configured a root password.

Check out the Homeseer Zee INI file and check on the HTML stuff. Defaults to port 80; but sometimes changes that.

cd /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config

nano settings.ini

Its in this section of the settings.ini file:

SADProc=True
                gWebSvrPort=80
                last_event_time=2014-5-20-20-14-0
                Could be like 81 or 82.

You can check the ip by typing "ifconfig".
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X