No announcement yet.

Is the Zee right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so do I write a vb.net script to "access" this ... RESTful-JSON interface?

I'm sorry, I might be dense, I'm not following what I need to do to get access to my HSZee in a ROVER-like way.

ROVER-LIKE Mentions Textseer Plugin

Since the Zee doesn't accept other plugins, TEXTSEER is not an option. If I need to contact Support again, I can. I was just hoping someone had already gone through this?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

So, nothing? Should I re-post in the helpdesk?
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        So, nothing? Should I re-post in the helpdesk?
        Hi Dan,

Here's the info on the json interface: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm. You send a command using a URL and then the Zee returns a json formatted string. You can parse the string a number of ways.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

Thank you for the link. That is most helpful.
          I think I need to re-submit my ticket.
          When I use that, I get:
          404 Bad Request: /JSON
          as a response.

I'm thinking that ,y HSZee does not have this feature. Maybe I need to update my Zee? Not sure. I'm afraid to update as it is so stable as it is. RMASONJR has shown many issues along the way of upgrading. Maybe it is stable now...

--Dan

Comment

Working...
          X