Zee & Foscam Fi9821W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee & Foscam Fi9821W

I purchased a Zee with a Foscam Fi8918W camera, WFTT07. I had wall switches and modules, etc., from an ADT Pulse system. All went well and is up and running.
    I then added four Fi9821W cameras to the system. From there it went all downhill. Zee can find and see all 5 cameras. But I can only view the 8918W (back office) camera. If I look at any other camera first all I get is the pan and tilt controls, that don't work. If I look at the 8918W (back office) camera first I can see and control it. From that one to any other camera and I get a still shot of the 8918W (back office) camera and no control over that one or any other. I have changed the log-ins and passwords. All five have a different port forwarding address. All have different IP addresses assigned to them.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated since now I have a system that is not working for what I need it to do.

Typical

Wanted to thank everyone here for the support. Just like I got from HomeSeer itself. NONE.
    IF anyone reads this that might be interested in HomeSeer, run away. Or you can buy mine cheap since there is no support after the sale.

Comment

Sorry, for what its worth, I cant see my cams via HSTouch either. I havent gotten back to it since other priorities came up. All I can recommend is to make sure your HSTouch server plugin *and* the HSTouch client are at the very latest releases.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I hope you tried the HomeSeer Help Desk. They are very responsive and will do everything in their power to resolve your problem. This forum is a great resource for a wealth of helpful information but is not the official HomeSeer location to resolve system problems. Please give the Help Desk a try if you have not contacted them.

Bob

Comment

@Jack,

Do not get discouraged. As Bob states above, give the help desk a call.

I am currently running here with one HSTouch 3 client / server and its doing fine.

HSTouch Server Version 3.0.0.59 on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Linux)
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working with cameras in HSTouch is difficult. Every brand of camera has a different control string. You need to figure out the exact http commands to send to the camera. And you may need to send a username an password to the camera before it will do anything. Try controlling the camera via your web browser. This will help you figure out the syntax needed in HSTouch Designer. Also, make sure the " is video" setting for the image window is set to TRUE. I'm not very good designing HSTouch pages, but by being persistent, I am able to get most things working.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanfire View Post
              Wanted to thank everyone here for the support. Just like I got from HomeSeer itself. NONE.
              IF anyone reads this that might be interested in HomeSeer, run away. Or you can buy mine cheap since there is no support after the sale.
              Or, you might try using our actual support channels. You can 603-471-2816 or you can submit a helpdesk ticket.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Actually I did call. Can't remember who I talked with, but it was within the first 3 months that I had HomeSeer installed. I was told that as long as I did NOT purchase the cameras from HomeSeer they would not support them. So that told me that HomeSeer would only support the equipment sold via their website and therefore I am on my own. So I came here for any help I could get.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanfire View Post
                  Actually I did call. Can't remember who I talked with, but it was within the first 3 months that I had HomeSeer installed. I was told that as long as I did NOT purchase the cameras from HomeSeer they would not support them. So that told me that HomeSeer would only support the equipment sold via their website and therefore I am on my own. So I came here for any help I could get.
                  I'm guessing you misunderstood. Support for the newer HD Foscam cameras was only added last month. HSTouch did not work with these cameras prior to that.

Comment

Can the hs zee actually support more than one camera. In speaking with someone at hs sales last year they mentioned the zee would at best be able to handle one camera?
                    Just wondering?
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                      Can the hs zee actually support more than one camera. In speaking with someone at hs sales last year they mentioned the zee would at best be able to handle one camera?
                      Just wondering?
                      At the moment, HSTouch requests a stream of jpg snapshots from the cameras and it takes some time to resolve these images, especially over the internet. That is the bottleneck, more so than any HomeTroller model limitations. The problem is exacerbated when resolving the snapshots from higher res cameras, like the new Foscam ones.

Improving camera support is on our development schedule and hopefully we'll get to it this year. However, there is no firm ETA on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X