Zee and tenScripting3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee and tenScripting3

Hi – I am looking for pointers on how best to setup tenScripting3 for scripting support on a Zee.

My development workstation's operating system is Windows 8.1 (with Visual Studio Express 2013 for the desktop) and I also have the latest version of HS3 for Windows installed on my development machine. The reference libraries that I am using for the tenScripting project in Visual Studio are from the latest version of HS3 for Windows (e.g. Scheduler.dll, HSCF.dll and HomeSeerAPI.dll)...I have tried to find an NFS client for Windows 8.1 to mount the Linux File system from the Zee on my development workstation (in order to make a reference to Scheduler.dll, HSCF.dll and HomeSeerAPI.dll located in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory) but have not had luck locating a supported NFS client.

When I try to connect to my Zee from the tenScripting project on my development workstation - I get a connection Timeout. My Zee sits on the same network (LAN) as my development workstation. I have tried the Zee web account and the homeseer system account, but both timeout.

Appreciate any help / advice

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mstukel; February 7, 2015, 12:20 AM.

As the Zee does not support plugins (apart from those supplied) or remote plugins, it is never going to work....

You can develop your scripts on your Windows development PC and the use something like WinSCP to copy the script to the Zee.
    Jon

Comment

OK - Thank you.

I am using WinSCP and PuTTY (and both work great on the Zee). I was hoping there was a way to expose the Zee file system to my windows development PC (with Visual Studio and tenScripting3) more directly (e.g. via a mount point from a NFS client) or by somehow enabling Samba on the Zee (and then "net use" to a shared resource). For example doing something like what is being suggested in the thread below:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...p?f=36&t=47927

However - Like you suggested I can always manually move the *.vb files over to the Zee from the development PC.

Best regards,
      Mike

Comment

Just as a quick follow-up (and my apologies if this is an obvious, but would I be able to exploit the full capabilities of tenScripting3 if I had HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller (vs. the Zee)? Has anyone tried to leverage tenScripting3 with the more full featured embedded Linux HomeTrollers - like the SEL / SEL-PRO?

fyi... I am very new to tenScripting3 but it really looks like a very impressive and extremely helpful tool for VB.NET scripting in HomeSeer (and if possible I would really like to use tenScripting3 with an embedded Linux based controller version of Homeseer )

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

If you have a licensed copy of HS3 for Windows, you can load the Linux version on another PC for free running Ubuntu etc. You do not need to buy a dedicated HS controller. That version will support remote plugins but you would have to confirm with Tenholder that TenScripting works under Linux.
          Jon

Comment

Great - Thanks. I will also check with TenHolder about tenscripting3 support for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by mstukel View Post
              Just as a quick follow-up (and my apologies if this is an obvious, but would I be able to exploit the full capabilities of tenScripting3 if I had HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller (vs. the Zee)? Has anyone tried to leverage tenScripting3 with the more full featured embedded Linux HomeTrollers - like the SEL / SEL-PRO?

fyi... I am very new to tenScripting3 but it really looks like a very impressive and extremely helpful tool for VB.NET scripting in HomeSeer (and if possible I would really like to use tenScripting3 with an embedded Linux based controller version of Homeseer )

Thanks,
              Mike
              FWIW, I have an SEL PRO, and will at "some point" be checking out tenscripting. Just haven't had the need so far. Does tenscripting also do C# in addition to VB.net?

Comment

Thanks - And I hear you - When you do find the time to test out TenScripting with the your SEL - please share your experience.

In regards to TenScripting language support - I believe VB.NET is the primary language supported for tenscripting3. The TenScripting3 VB.NET project has a nice setup. When you get a chance check it out:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...tallation.aspx

Comment

I will say, I really like the SEL. We have two houses. For the other one, to get my feet wet with HomeSeer, I got the Zee. For this one, I got the SEL so I'd be able to use plug-ins.

While I've only used one so far, the boot up time/shut down time on the SEL is ridiculously fast. <30 seconds for boot up, and even shorter for shutdown.

Comment

Hi - I just wanted to follow-up on this post. I was finally able to test TenScripting3 with HS3/Linux installation and TenScripting connects to the HS/Linux instance without any problems. I also tried TenScripting with the latest Zee beta .162, but unfortunately it appears the .162 build is not supporting plug-ins at this time.

Best regards,
                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X