Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combine multiple HS3 systems - HS3 Pro + Zee

Hi,
    I recently bought a Hometroller Zee, and I'm switching back from Fibaro HC2 to Homeseer on a Fit-pc with HS3 Pro (still had a license). I would like to know if there is a way to combine my HS3 Pro (with all the right plugins) with the Hometroller Zee.
    On my previous (HS2) system I had some problems with remote devices, bad reception on some nodes. I tried Fibaro HC2, the problems are far worse, lot of dead nodes after updates, and some dead nodes for no apparent reason (and bad logging so no way to find out what was wrong).

I can of course setup a separate Zee network, and control stuff with http commands from my HS3 Pro system, but I also remember it is possible to combine the HS3 Pro with a Zee. Can't seem to find it again, please advise.
    Thanks!!!

E

Originally posted by erdek View Post
    Hi,
    I recently bought a Hometroller Zee, and I'm switching back from Fibaro HC2 to Homeseer on a Fit-pc with HS3 Pro (still had a license). I would like to know if there is a way to combine my HS3 Pro (with all the right plugins) with the Hometroller Zee.
    On my previous (HS2) system I had some problems with remote devices, bad reception on some nodes. I tried Fibaro HC2, the problems are far worse, lot of dead nodes after updates, and some dead nodes for no apparent reason (and bad logging so no way to find out what was wrong).

I can of course setup a separate Zee network, and control stuff with http commands from my HS3 Pro system, but I also remember it is possible to combine the HS3 Pro with a Zee. Can't seem to find it again, please advise.
    Thanks!!!

E
    The Zee licensing (and software image) is different than that of our other controllers, so your existing HS3PRO license will not work. However, you can get a standard HomeTroller-SEL and tranfer your PRO license to that.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Macromark,
      that was not exactly what I was aiming for. Is it possible to combine my HS3 Pro network on my existing HS3 Pro (on a Fit-PC atom proc) with the Zee? Can I use the Zee as an extension to the HS3 Pro network, like some sort of ethernet connected z-stick?
      I believe this was possible with the "old" hometroller, correct?

Otherwise please advise how to put the Zee to best use, I'm missing plugins. There was also rumour (about 2013, even in posts of HS employees) about a Zee V2.0 coming with plugin support, correct? Any estimate on this happening?

regards,
      E

Comment

Originally posted by erdek View Post
        Can I use the Zee as an extension to the HS3 Pro network, like some sort of ethernet connected z-stick?
        Our new Z-NET is bascially and Ethernet-connected Z-Stick! So, that's the product you should look for there.

Otherwise please advise how to put the Zee to best use, I'm missing plugins. There was also rumour (about 2013, even in posts of HS employees) about a Zee V2.0 coming with plugin support, correct? Any estimate on this happening?E
        The next version of the Zee will include options for plug-ins. This is a couple months from release.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Macromark,

so I bought the Zee too soon? I agree I should have asked the question earlier, but I reasoned that if the old Z-troller could be used in a remote setup, the Zee was also suitable for this. Not only I spend $200 on a Zee, which dropped to $130 just hours after ordering (received an email), and I had to spend 60 euro import fees/tax, for a controller with almost no plugin support, a V2 coming up in a few weeks, and no way to integrate this in my existing setup (besides sending html commands and limited feedback). And a new device on it's way which let me extend my Z-wave network across IP (all I've been looking for)?

Again, maybe I should have asked before ordering, but I do regret buying outdated Homeseer equipment from your shop. I ordered 4th of feb at 5:08 PM, and received the 40% discount email the 4th of feb at 11:07 PM.

Can you give an estimate on the release date of the Zee V2 and the Z-Net (Z-stick over IP)?

regards,
          E

Comment

OK I'm stuck: I gave up (for now) on using the Zee to expand my z-wave network reception, need ideas.
            I bought a USB to IP server (Tp-link), and after some fiddling around I got this to work with a Z-stick. I'm having reception problems in my home (not even a huge home), my thoughts were using 2 z-sticks with the same nodes on it to solve the reception problem. I cannot find how to replicate nodes between 2 Z-stick (nothing in the manual, googled a lot), and I'm not sure if this is going to solve my problem.
            I also read about two HS3 installation where one is the master, the other a slave, but no explanation how to set this up.
            Any hints or advice is appreciated!

Comment

Here is a picture I posted yesterday. Can't find it today.

You would be running the RPi with just a Z-Wave stick and remotely running the Linux z-wave plugin talking to the Homeseer 3 box running Linux.

I have tested this to work with a few other plugins. My Z-Troller today is on the second floor of my home talking via a virtual serial port to my HS2 box. Its been like this now for over a year.
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok, like I said: i gave up on this, and I noticed the Z-net is available now. But only in the US version...
                If you're also waiting for the EU version please vote on this poll:
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173012

Comment

@Eric,

I am in solidarity with your efforts relating to an EU version even though I am here near Chicago. Its just a frequency change chip thing for the EU version eh?

The above drawing relating to Homeseer 3 Linux Z-Wave to Homeseer 3 Linux. I did try unsucessfully to combine the Wintel versions of Z-Wave to Linux.

It didn't work. My assumption here is that the current Z-Wave for Windows is different than the current Z-Wave for Linux....just a guess based on my testing in my tinkering environment.

That said my light switches are UPB (powerline on steroids) and my security stuff is wired (too many wires these days) to my Leviton HAI OPII panel. (old school?).
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
                    I viewed a couple of your posts on the board, if you can't get it to work its almost certain I will be wasting my time
                    It indeed should be only a different chip with the EU frequency, but there's probably also a certification necessary to get it on the EU market.
                    Let's hope they started this in advance...

Meanwhile I'm almost "Fibaro HC2 free", only a couple of lamps with some difficult associations remain. Had to switch to the Z-wave beta 3.0.0.210 plugin to get some modules to work, but almost there.

Comment

Is there a trade up plan to Zee 2.0 - soon after purchasing Zee, it was mentioned plugins where coming. . .and now it is a new hardware purchase. . .how is 2.0 limited? Still seems to have plugin limits.

Comment

@erdek,

I am assuming that the RaZberry GPIO Z-Wave Plus card is available in the EU with EU Z-Wave frequencies.

Here I have tested the RazBerry GPIO card (US Z-Wave + frequencies) in the original Zee with the addition of the RTC board to work just fine using the current Zee Homeseeer 3 Lite plus the new Linux Z-Wave + drivers.

I have also tested using the GPIO card running the Homeseer 3 Pro Z-Wave + drivers autonmously on the original Zee turning the Zee into a satellite Z-Wave + device.

Refer to the DIY I wrote up. The above noted it is working fine.

You can combine the functions depending on what it is you want to do. That said doing said endeavor you do have to have a knowledgebase of the RPi Wheezy Debian base OS, (well Linux in general), RaZberry GPIO drivers, Homeseer Z-Wave + drivers and mostly be aware that you cannot break anything if you have back ups of your stuff. Baby steps works.
                        Last edited by Pete; April 8, 2015, 05:10 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X