No announcement yet.

Warning: Lost 2 second.maybe system busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried disabling each PI then both PI's and the issue continues. I used htop to check the system load with both PI's disabled and while it was throwing the warning and it shows the CPU pegged at 100%.

As expected, the web interface is very sluggish when this is happening.

System information:

Current Date/Time: 3/6/2015 4:22:47 PM CST
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Zee Edition 3.0.0.152 (Linux)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 16 Minutes 27 Seconds
    Web Server Port: 80
    Number of Devices: 63
    Number of Events: 36
    Event Last Ran: Alarm : Disarmed Triggered, Ran at 3/6/2015 3:09:01 PM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 0
    Plug-Ins Enabled: Z-Wave:,HSTouch Server:
    Modules/Threads: 74 Modules, 0 Threads
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 72 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thshep View Post
      I tried disabling each PI then both PI's and the issue continues. I used htop to check the system load with both PI's disabled and while it was throwing the warning and it shows the CPU pegged at 100%.

As expected, the web interface is very sluggish when this is happening.

System information:

Current Date/Time: 3/6/2015 4:22:47 PM CST
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Zee Edition 3.0.0.152 (Linux)
      HomeSeer: Is Registered
      System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 16 Minutes 27 Seconds
      Web Server Port: 80
      Number of Devices: 63
      Number of Events: 36
      Event Last Ran: Alarm : Disarmed Triggered, Ran at 3/6/2015 3:09:01 PM
      Number of unique event scripts used: 0
      Plug-Ins Enabled: Z-Wave:,HSTouch Server:
      Modules/Threads: 74 Modules, 0 Threads
      HomeSeer Memory Used: 72 Mbytes
      Plug-In Memory Used:
      The CPU pegging is the issue. If it pegs it stops the system clock but it shouldn't hurt as long as the system is performing as expected. Now the question is what is pegging the CPU with all plugins disabled. It's probably time to start looking at your events and scripts if you are running any.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yup; you pegging that CPU. I know you asked about updating HS3. I do not know where the last update is. I am on the version .149.

Here I am not currently doing HSTouch on the Zee; rather doing it on the HS3 Box.

The WPA stuff does a bit more work but it shouldn't ding anything.

Just now logged into my Zee via my Firefox browser and noticed a bit more CPU utilization.

Curious if you shut down Homeseer 3 on the Zee what you see relating to CPU utilization.

My webmin here sometimes starts going to a crawl on the Zee.
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The CPU utilization was hovering between 35% and 50% today with no activity going on. However, anytime I connected to the web interface it would hit 100% for a few minutes then drop back down to the 35% to 50% range. It would repeat this behavior anytime I changed web pages. The CPU utilization is 7% with Homeseer shutdown.

I have disabled almost all of the device polling (still polling 3 z-wave switches every 20 minutes (each device offset by a few seconds) and one thermostat is polling the setpoint each 5 minutes. I have a couple of events triggered at sunset/sunrise, the rest of the events only triggers is there is a specific device status change. I hit 100% CPU utilization even when no events are triggering. I do not have any scripts running.

As a side note I have Homeseer Pro running on an old HS2 hometroller with 359 devices, 161 events and a number of scripts and have never had any issues.
          Last edited by thshep; March 7, 2015, 02:45 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by thshep View Post
            The CPU utilization was hovering between 35% and 50% today with no activity going on. However, anytime I connected to the web interface it would hit 100% for a few minutes then drop back down to the 35% to 50% range. It would repeat this behavior anytime I changed web pages. The CPU utilization is 7% with Homeseer shutdown.

I have disabled almost all of the device polling (still polling 3 z-wave switches every 20 minutes (each device offset by a few seconds) and one thermostat is polling the setpoint each 5 minutes. I have a couple of events triggered at sunset/sunrise, the rest of the events only triggers is there is a specific device status change. I hit 100% CPU utilization even when no events are triggering. I do not have any scripts running.

As a side note I have Homeseer Pro running on an old HS2 hometroller with 359 devices, 161 events and a number of scripts and have never had any issues.
            It's hard to compare a ZEE with a HomeTroller as the HT is more powerful. If you aren't seeing any issues then I would ignore the messages as the system will reset as you are seeing otherwise you may need more power to run your setup.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wow, I win.
              Mar-08 3:00:00 AM Warning Lost 3601 seconds, maybe system busy, catching up...
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

OK. I will give up on this after I get an answer to my previous question about updating HSTouch Server. I am running HSTouch Server plugin version 3.0.0.53. How do I upgrade HSTouch Server on the ZEE. Versions later than 3.0.0.55 put less burden on the CPU.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I am running HSTouch Server plugin version 3.0.0.66 and are getting the same error. How do i upgrade this to resolve this problem? I can't find any instructions on how to upgrade a plugin. Anyone?

If it matters I have a Zee running HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.187 (Linux)
                  Last edited by Rockon; June 26, 2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X