Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Utilities

Anybody can point out where are the tools such as:

1) IP Sniffer. Could not find tcpdump, snoop, wireshark etc..

2) Package Manager.

3) Please point at any existing tools/utilities you think are useful.

Thanks.

Regards,
    a.

I hear silence only here..

Any volunteer with answers?

Thanks.

Comment

Do you mean command-line utilities for the Zee? If so, apt-get is your package manger.
      Using the apt-get you can probably load just about any of the other utilities.

I'm really not 100% sure on what you're looking for?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

apt-get is what I was looking for.

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer Forum HS at home.

Note that the RPi is slower than the RPi2.

That said I am currently using Webmin to manage the Zee and turn down the % of the GPU use with RPI-Config. I also sometimes overclock the RPI to 900Mhz.

Webmin installation is as follows:

Code:
          1 - wget [url]http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.740_all.deb[/url]
          2 - apt-get install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python
          3 - dpkg --install webmin_1.740_all.deb
          You can do web gui searches for util applications. I also upgrade using Webmin. Its slow but easy.

Note there are folks on the forum some 24/7.

Rob's (rmasonjr) nickname is Grandpa Robert; he's been here using Homeseer a very long time (almost since the turn of the last century)....Rupp too has been here a long time....

You can also call Homeseer at:

Need HomeSeer Product Help?
          HomeSeer offers unlimited support on all HomeSeer products,

For pre-sales help
          option 1: call us directly at 603-471-2816
          option 2: submit the form on our contact page

For product help within 30 days of purchase
          option 1: call us directly at 603-471-2816
          option 2: open a helpdesk ticket.

For product help beyond 30 days of purchase, please open a helpdesk ticket.
          Last edited by Pete; April 6, 2015, 08:29 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you all.
            a.

Comment

@a,

It is assumed that a knowledgebase of the OS of Linux is there relating to running Homeseer in Linux. There is nothing much special about using Mono these days in Linux and it works well now in ARM or Intel based Linux builds which is a good thing. The first Linux Homeseer 3 device was based on the RPi. Running Homeseer 3 on it was based soley on the use of the GUI making it plug n play. (web based you really don't need to know Linux; just Homeseer 3.) That said though knowing a bit of Linux helps speeding up the managment of said device. (IE: today like the use of Homeseer's Z-Net device).

Relating to what works with the RPi; Raspberry Pi Debian Wheezy; it's been well documented. I typically just google if have issues with whatever networking tools I want to utilize.

Homeseer 3 just runs (with Mono installed); nothing else unique to the OS for running Homeseer is really necessary.

Well now too that Homeseer 3 runs on Windows, Linux and Mac; it is assumed that the user has a knowledgebase of said OS's.

There is now more automation software that will run on multiple OS's. Have a look at OpenHab and compare it to running Homeseer on any of three OS's (Windows, Apple or Linux). You get the options today of running Homeseer on whatever you feel most comfortable with. That is really what matters.

That said questions do come up relating to tweaking of these OS's to run Homeseer more efficiently. IE: My Homeseer 2 base running on Windows 2003 standard is using one 20 Gb partition. The OS use though is less than 10 Gb. (the meat). Homeseer 2 backup uses only 256Mb of compressed data. I have tested Homeseer 3 running on a new Baytrail quad core Atom CPU with 2Gb of memory running in Windows 8.1 (32 bit) or Ubuntu 14.04/10 running in 64 bit mode and it works well using 8 or less Gb of OS base space.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X