Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the EventLog stored on a ZEE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the EventLog stored on a ZEE???

Trying to figure out how to get to the Eventlog on a ZEE. I've poked around in all the HomeSeer directory folders (Data, Logs, etc.) And I have inspected the Z-wave.db and HomeSeerData.HSD files but cannot for the life of me locate where the actual Eventlog gets stored.

Of course, I can see the Log from the View pulldown, but I want to dump the log to a .csv file. I am running HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.181 (Linux) since its not a ZEE S2, I can't load plugins like Log2Text (as far as I know). And I've searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer!

Any pointers or suggestions?

rmasonjr,

No joy on finding the Eventlog SQLite data file. Here's all I see on the Zee:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.hsd
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/Backup/HomeSeerData_X.hsd (Where X=1 to 10)
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/Energy/Energy.hsd
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/Z-Wave/Z-Wave.db
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/Startup.log

I have several SQLite viewers/browsers and can look at these but none of them appear to have the EventLog data in them. (I expected the first file to have the data but don't see it!)

What is the default file name I'm looking for?

Comment

Pete,

I'm using SFTP and SSH to log into the Zee to browse the files using either an Android Tablet or my Win 8.1 box. I have a couple viewer apps on the tablet that let me look at database files (SQLite Editor & SQLite Manager) and I'm using the Firefox Browser Add-on SQLite Manager on the PC. All work well to see .db or .hsd files.

I've been FTP'ing the files off the ZEE to the PC or Tablet to view, just so I don't dork up or corrupt the actual database file on the ZEE. However none of the files I can see that are sql databases have any eventlog info!

I know it's there somewhere 'cuz it's visible on the View->Log pulldown on the ZEE's HomeSeer Web Control page. If it were a snake it probably would have jumped up and bit me by now!

Comment

Have a look at the /tmp/HomeSeerLog.hsd file on the Zee. (well here looked at the Zee-2).

The HomeseerLog.hsd file on HS3 Pro running in Linux is /HomeSeer/Logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd
        Attached Files
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

That did the trick Pete! The directory where the file lives on HS3 Pro is exactly where one would expect it be... I never thought to look in /tmp for the rascal!

HomeSeerLog.hsd successfully exported to .csv file! Appreciate the help!

Comment

Good news!

Weird; last night did add a few more tweaks to this follow up post relating to the RPi2.

This morning I don't see what I posted.

A quickie synopsis of the adds which are just reposts from the forum here.

1 - Nightly cron that checks your microSD card - posted on the RPi forums
            2 - Creating a RAM drive to alleviate read writes to your microSD card
            3 - stick to keeping Homeseer 3 in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory. I moved mine and noticed a few scripts are statically configured for said directory.

I cannot find the source thread for some of this as that is now gone too?
            Last edited by Pete; June 21, 2015, 10:07 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Weirdness on thread

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Good news!

Weird; last night did add a few more tweaks to this follow up post relating to the RPi2.

This morning I don't see what I posted.

A quickie synopsis of the adds which are just reposts from the forum here.

1 - Nightly cron that checks your microSD card - posted on the RPi forums
              2 - Creating a RAM drive to alleviate read writes to your microSD card
              3 - stick to keeping Homeseer 3 in the /usr/local/HomeSeer directory. I moved mine and noticed a few scripts are statically configured for said directory.

I cannot find the source thread for some of this as that is now gone too?
              http://board.homeseer.com/search.php?searchid=6156778

Comment

Actually the source threads are gone too.

A repost again here:

How can I extend the life of my SD card?

1 - Directories in RAM

Highly used directories such as /var/tmp/ and possibly /var/log can be relocated to RAM in /etc/fstab like this:

tmpfs /var/tmp tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=50M 0 0

Use iotop -a to check on the RW's.

2 - using fstrim (here created a once a day cron).

RPi2-Zee:~# ionice -c 3 fstrim -v /
                /: 1349111808 bytes were trimmed

Here is a stats login configuration provided by cytec. This will not extend your SD card; rather it just changes your login stuff.
                Code:
                #Display Uptime
                uptime=$(uptime | \
                sed s/^.*up// | \
                awk -F, '{ if ( $3 ~ /user/ ) { print $1 $2 } else { print $1 }}' | \
                sed -e 's/:/\ hours\ /' -e 's/ min//' -e 's/$/\ minutes/' | \
                sed 's/^ *//')
                echo Uptime: $uptime

#Display Current CPU Speed
                mhz=$(cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq | sed s/...$//)
                cores=$(grep -c processor /proc/cpuinfo)
                min1=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $1 }')
                min1math=$(echo "$min1 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                min5=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $2 }')
                min5math=$(echo "$min5 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                min15=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $3 }')
                min15math=$(echo "$min15 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                echo CPU Speed: $mhz Mhz - Load Average: 1min "$min1math"% 5min "$min5math"% 15min "$min15math"% - Cores: $cores

#Display Free Ram
                freeram=$(free -m | grep buffers/cache: | awk '{ print $4 }')
                echo Free Memory: "$freeram" Mb

#Display HomeSeer RAM Drive
                #hsramdriveused=$(df -h "/HomeSeer" | awk '{ print $3 }')
                #echo HomeSeer RAM Drive: $hsramdriveused

#Display Free Disk Space on Root file system and SD Card activity
                freerootdisk=$(df -h | grep rootfs | awk '{ print $4 }')
                iowritten=$(iostat | grep "mmcblk0" | awk '{ print $6 }')
                ioread=$(iostat | grep "mmcblk0" | awk '{ print $5 }')
                echo Free Disk Space rootfs: $freerootdisk
                echo SD Card: Written $(( $iowritten / 1024))M Read $(( $ioread / 1024 / 1024 ))G

#Display Network Traffic
                rx=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "RX bytes" | awk '{ print $3 }' | cut -d "(" -f 2)
                rxmetric=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $4 }' | cut -d ")" -f 1)
                tx=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $7 }' | cut -d "(" -f 2)
                txmetric=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $8 }' | cut -d ")" -f 1)
                echo Network Traffic eth0: Sent $tx $txmetric Received $rx $rxmetric
                Code:
                # ~/.profile: executed by Bourne-compatible login shells.

if [ "$BASH" ]; then
                  if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
                    . ~/.bashrc
                  fi
                fi

mesg n
                PATH=$PATH:~/bin
                stats
                Which will show this when you log in.

Linux ICS-RPi2-Zee 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 arm v7l
                Last login: Sat Jun 20 23:10:07 2015 from 192.168.244.234
                Uptime: 2 days 9 minutes
                CPU Speed: 900 Mhz - Load Average: 1min 28% 5min 27% 15min 26% - Cores: 4
                Free Memory: 735 Mb
                Free Disk Space rootfs: 9.8G
                SD Card: Written 11681M Read 0G
                Network Traffic eth0: Sent 883.4 MiB Received 1.8 GiB
                Last edited by Pete; June 22, 2015, 11:15 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X