Upgrading from Zee to Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the fastest/easiest way to migrate an existing Zee installation to the Zee S2? Would like to avoid having to exclude and include 40 devices all over again. I realize there is a "Send/Receive network from another controller" option under the Zwave controller menu, but i'd like to transfer everything (events, HSTouch config, etc) if possible and i don't know if the hardware or Serial number differences will cause any problems.

Migrate from ZEE to ZEE S2

Was there ever a reply to this?
    I'd like to do this too.
    Thanks.

Comment

No and yes.

The Zee was the first Homeseer offered in Linux. The HS3 stuff was integrated in to the HS3 software (IE: you could not add plugins). I have never done an export of the data.

I built my Zee-2 from scratch and just updated the old Zee license to Zee-2.

So you could give it a try and export configuration to a USB stick, build a new RPi2 using teh provided Homeseer image; then try an import of Zee data.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Migrate from ZEE to ZEE S2

Yeah, no, that's OK.

I don't need another project

I wanted to know if HomeSeer has prepared any migration information for moving a ZEE installation to ZEE S2 to reduce the burden of such an upgrade.

Is there at least information for moving the ZEE V1 Z-Stick devices info to the ZEE S2 internal Z-Wave plus interface?

Or is it "safer" (but way more work) to exclude every single device from the old stick and do new includes with the ZEE S2.

Thanks

Comment

You could try making the S2 a secondary controller and then replicating from the Zee. Once that is done, promote your S2 to primary. If you copy the config over as per Pete's post, it should all work again without having to rename devices and recreate events.

You may want to call HS to see if they have a procedure/process documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X