AND OR Condition supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I purchase a HomeTroller Zee s2, I need to know if it supports or has the capability of a "AND" and "OR" conditions for automated events , or scenes , or what ever they call it in this format.
    I need to trigger a device that meets two conditions....IF a sensor is open,AND when it becomes a specific time of day. Is this supported??
    Thanks ahead, Rick
    Last edited by crmccashin; May 29, 2016, 09:03 AM. Reason: added better description of product

The most simple way to handle and "or" condition is to set up a separate event to cover the condition.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it does AND and OR.

Also the time options are quite extensive

Download the demo and look would make sense onto a PC. You get a 30 day trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AND OR support

Sorry guys...I meant a Hometroller "ZEE s2 controller..

Originally posted by crmccashin View Post
        Before I purchase a HomeTroller Zee s2, I need to know if it supports or has the capability of a "AND" and "OR" conditions for automated events , or scenes , or what ever they call it in this format.
        I need to trigger a device that meets two conditions....IF a sensor is open,AND when it becomes a specific time of day. Is this supported??
        Thanks ahead, Rick

Comment

Take a look at this thread to see all the wonderful things you can do with HS3 Events. A must read if you are new to writing Events.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172984

Comment

Thanks ahead, Rick
            As others have said it is entirely possible. Not to be pedantic, but in you scenario above the time would be the trigger and your sensor would be the condition such that:

IF The Time is XX:XX
            AND IF The sensor is OPEN

HomeSeer has a very powerful Event Engine, and there is practically nothing it cannot do but it requires a fundamental understanding of what is an appropriate Trigger (an exact moment in time or change in value) and what is an appropriate Condition. A specific time will always be a trigger, where a time range (daytime, nighttime or before XX:XX) is a condition. With time as a Condition your above scenario would be:

IF The Sensor changes and becomes OPEN
            AND IF The Time is Nighttime
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks all. I have been a HS user since the beginning of HS, but recently decided to shut down my 24/7 windows machine and switch to a hardware version.....but I strayed and purchased another brand while upgrading from X10 to Zwave devices. MISTAKE!!! If you ever hear of someone considering a "Vera" system...don't tell them no...tell them Hxxx NO!

Comment

Thanks all. I have been a HS user since the beginning of HS, but recently decided to shut down my 24/7 windows machine and switch to a hardware version.....but I strayed and purchased another brand while upgrading from X10 to Zwave devices. MISTAKE!!! If you ever hear of someone considering a "Vera" system...don't tell them no...tell them Hxxx NO!

Ha! Vera.

I speak from personal experience.
                Attached Files
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I never went down the Vera road and I am new to HomeSeer (2 years) but I am thrilled with the flexibility and capability of HomeSeer. I helped a neighbor with his Vera system - what a nightmare. He is now running HomeSeer, because his system ran out of processing power and he ran out of patience. There is not one thing I have set out to accomplish with HS that I was unable to. My system has grown to be quite sophisticated.

Number of Devices: 1497
                  Number of Events: 1344
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X