Z-Wave plugin fails when I upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave plugin fails when I upgrade

So I seem to have this problem (among other, I think I have about 5 different errors, some more than others)::

When I try to update my Z-Wave plugin on mu Zee S2, well it fails:

sep-06 18:32:22
    Updater Error Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Very Funny - NOT. In fact I already disabled this plug-in before I even tried to update. Now I tried more variants than one can imagine to solve this, including support (no response by the way - and this is about a week old issue), but I am still on 3.0.1.83 instead of 3.0.1.87.

Anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
    So I seem to have this problem (among other, I think I have about 5 different errors, some more than others)::

When I try to update my Z-Wave plugin on mu Zee S2, well it fails:

sep-06 18:32:22
    Updater Error Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Very Funny - NOT. In fact I already disabled this plug-in before I even tried to update. Now I tried more variants than one can imagine to solve this, including support (no response by the way - and this is about a week old issue), but I am still on 3.0.1.83 instead of 3.0.1.87.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Shut down the plugin and then rename the HSPI_ZWave.exe in the root directory to HSPI_ZWave.exe.bak and try updating again.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - however no difference, same error.

Btw what do you reference when you mention root? I found the file in question in /usr/local/HomeSeer...?

Comment

Did notice one thing when I was hacking around in the OS level on my HomeSeer Zee S2: The group information on the /usr/local directory for (among others) HomeSeer directory is 4096 and not root or something more useful. However a change (chmod 777) did nothing - still the same error.

Anyone have any ideas where this is logged in detail?

Comment

Is it as easy as copy the HSPI_ZWave.exe from:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/HomeSeer Z-Wave3.0.1.87/

To:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/

Will that work? Is it that easy? It's the only file that seem to be changed after all...

Comment

That seems to have worked, except the management page for plug-ins still says .83 - but the plugin clearly works... I think ;-)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - however no difference, same error.

Btw what do you reference when you mention root? I found the file in question in /usr/local/HomeSeer...?
              Yes. That's the root directory on unix/linux.

That seems to have worked, except the management page for plug-ins still says .83 - but the plugin clearly works... I think ;-)
              It'll update to the correct version at some point.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                X