Zee stick fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee stick fail

Trying to install a new Aeon multi-monitor, I unplugged my Z-stick. This on on the old Zee, not the S2.
    After I paired the monitor & the z stick, I am getting repeated "The Z-Stick 2x interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning" after I put the z stick back into the Zee. I have removed power to the Zee and rebooted multiple times and always the same thing.

The new multi-monitor flashes if the Zee is off when the I power up the monitor, but it stops flashing as soon as the Zee & z stick reboot, so I feel like the pairing worked & the z stick isn't dead. Also, the z stick flashes if I press the button and then quits flashing if I press it again.

Is there anything to do but replace the z stick? I've got enough devices that rebuilding the network would take quite a while.

What is this Multi Monitor device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

you should contact our support folks for a little direct help.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, but never mind. After a short breather, on the ninth (or was it the 10th?) try of rebooting the Zee, the z-stick decided to work.

The multi-monitor is a motion detector, with a thermometer, humidity monitor, light meter and battery discharging device. It would be real handy if it worked well and would ease up on the batteries. I bought 2 of them a while back & have 1 in service. The thermometer and light meter work OK, the rest is questionable (other than the battery discharging device).

Comment

Working...
        X