HS-FLS100+ Event help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS-FLS100+ Event help

This is my first try at writing an event.

HS-FLS100+ when set to 5 minutes of light (On time 300), keeps the "MOTION DETECTED" activated for that 5 minutes. Plus it has a 2 second delay between motion sensed and the light coming on.

I want to mount the sensor over the front porch, which already has a Zwave controlled lamp. I would like the motion detection to be set for a short time (On time 15) and operate the existing Zwave porch light by an event. There is no 2 second delay this way and the shorter "MOTION DETECTED" events can then later trigger a camera.

The event below is not working, as subsequent "MOTION DETECTED" do not extend the lamp's on time. (Note HS-FLS100+ is not wired to turn on the lamp, only the event turns on the lamp.)

My guess is I am missing how to apply the event condition, or the event is improperly formatted, please help. Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer event.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1241351

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
    This is my first try at writing an event.

HS-FLS100+ when set to 5 minutes of light (On time 300), keeps the "MOTION DETECTED" activated for that 5 minutes. Plus it has a 2 second delay between motion sensed and the light coming on.

I want to mount the sensor over the front porch, which already has a Zwave controlled lamp. I would like the motion detection to be set for a short time (On time 15) and operate the existing Zwave porch light by an event. There is no 2 second delay this way and the shorter "MOTION DETECTED" events can then later trigger a camera.

The event below is not working, as subsequent "MOTION DETECTED" do not extend the lamp's on time. (Note HS-FLS100+ is not wired to turn on the lamp, only the event turns on the lamp.)

My guess is I am missing how to apply the event condition, or the event is improperly formatted, please help.
    Several observations.
    1. There is no need to put a single Action under Group actions. Just put the single action in the Event. I don't use group actions. If I have a number of devices controlled at a time used in several Events, I find it easier to combine them in a manually triggered Event and call that event from the others.
    2. Group conditions are only applied if they are specifically identified in the Event. Read here.
    3. Once your Event is running, the light will be turned Off after 5 minutes, regardless of subsequent motion detection. A "Wait" holds an Event in suspension for the period of the wait, then it will execute the remaining Actions. If your Event is triggered a second time during that wait period, it is spun off again and another identical Event will be in suspension. Not a great thing. "Wait" Actions should be used judiciously for this very reason. A Wait action is best for very short delays or if you want an Event suspended so that it can be cancelled during the Wait.
    A cleaner way of doing it is this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	1241354

When the above Event is triggered, it will turn the light On. Then it removes any previous Delayed Device Actions that may be lingering for the light. Lastly it creates a Delayed Device Action for the light. The light will always remain on for 5 minutes after the most recent motion trigger.

This Event is very simple and reliable. It will work in most cases. The exception is if your detector sees continuous motion for more than 5 minutes. Then the light will go off while you are still in the area. I solve that by using separate On and Off Events. It would be:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	1241355

Three years ago I posted a thread with some suggestions here.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Rprade, Thank you so much.

I ran the "Remove delayed actions for; Porch light" after "Set device lighting front porch light to on", because the light comes on faster. ("Remove delayed action" appeared to cause a 1 second delay)

I will read your linked thread and see if I can add the LUX sensor, as a condition to turning on the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
        Rprade, Thank you so much.

I ran the "Remove delayed actions for; Porch light" after "Set device lighting front porch light to on", because the light comes on faster. ("Remove delayed action" appeared to cause a 1 second delay)

I will read your linked thread and see if I can add the LUX sensor, as a condition to turning on the light.
        The delay is surprising. What on what hardware are you running HS?

The luminance is simply added as a Condition.I have added it below. You will have to set the value from your sensor that works the best. Mine is on the roof as a weather station so it's range is 0-~100,000 Lux. For our house we drop below 1000 lux just before sunset and go above 1000 just after sunrise. Your threshold will likely be lower.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	1241365
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Windows 8.1, i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz with 16 GB of ram.

Comment

Working...
          X