How to specify "in between" times in an Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to specify "in between" times in an Event

I'm pulling my hair out!! I am trying to write an event that specifies that:

If a PIR changes and becomes Off
    And if the time is NIghtime
    Or if the time is between sunrise and1 hour after sunrise
    Then xxxxxxx

How do I get the underlined above? I want the event to trigger between sunset and 1 hour after sunrise.

Spudbw

See if this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I was trying to avoid having to adjust the "time before 4:30 am" periodically for the changing sunrise time.

Comment

Originally posted by spudbw View Post

Then xxxxxxx

How do I get the underlined above? I want the event to trigger between sunset and 1 hour after sunrise.

Spudbw
        This would be really easy with the EasyTrigger plugin, you can setup any time range that you want, including sunrise to an hour after sunrise, then if your trigger happens within that time range trigger your action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

I'm disappointed with HS. I know, from looking at older events, that there used to be an IF statement that went something like "if after sunrise, but before..." then you got to choose a time or other.

Comment

You can get exactly what your askng. I cant seem to get a attachment to send.
            Your trigger can be : IF the Time is: Sunset, AND IF the Time is this After Sunrise: > 1 Hour ( which is the time blocks where you can chose hours and minutes.)
            Maybe it makes sense, or someone can attempt to attach a pic of the Event.

The options you mention are expanded and included available under : AND IF

Comment

Originally posted by Meapilot View Post
              The options you mention are expanded and included available under : AND IF
              This is correct. Those options are available as a condition, but not as a trigger.

-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by spudbw View Post

Then xxxxxxx

As others have noted, the option you are looking for is available using the EasyTrigger plug-in. I think the problem may be the way you are trying to structure your event. Try it this way:

Or If a PIR changes and becomes Off
                And if the time is Before (sunrise + 1h, 0 min) [Easy Trigger ]

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Thanks all. It was all in the structure as pointed out. My apologies to HS.

Comment

Working...
                  X