Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter Behavior

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Counter Behavior

    I have used counters and timers a little. However, I am seeing two issues that I don’t understand:

    1. Even though I have a number of events that reference specific counters or timer devices, an event filter referencing those specific devices (Battery Replacement counter) will not pull up those events. Why?

    2. On the Timer page, what is the point of the “Actions: Set To: Days-Hours-Minutes-Seconds” feature? I assumed that it would allow me to test a 4 hour timer by temporarily advancing the timer to three hours and 59 minutes. However, I cannot see that setting any value in those fields affects the timer. What is it for?
    HS3Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Zstick
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    5 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls
    Serial Rain8Net Pro with 8 zones

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
    I have used counters and timers a little. However, I am seeing two issues that I don’t understand:

    1. Even though I have a number of events that reference specific counters or timer devices, an event filter referencing those specific devices (Battery Replacement counter) will not pull up those events. Why?

    2. On the Timer page, what is the point of the “Actions: Set To: Days-Hours-Minutes-Seconds” feature? I assumed that it would allow me to test a 4 hour timer by temporarily advancing the timer to three hours and 59 minutes. However, I cannot see that setting any value in those fields affects the timer. What is it for?
    1) You cannot filter on actual timers and counters. The timer and counter devices in HS are representations of counter and timer values, but they are not the actual counters and timers you use in events. You can use Jon00’s Event Zviewer and Donumenter script to filter on timers and counters.

    2) The functions on the timers page have been broken for a while. I believe Rich is aware of it, but no fix has been made.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rprade View Post

      1) You cannot filter on actual timers and counters. The timer and counter devices in HS are representations of counter and timer values, but they are not the actual counters and timers you use in events. You can use Jon00’s Event Zviewer and Donumenter script to filter on timers and counters.

      2) The functions on the timers page have been broken for a while. I believe Rich is aware of it, but no fix has been made.
      I don't understand why you can filter using Referencing Devices to see which events they are in. All counter / timers have virtual devices as well. This is what shows up under referencing devices.

      So someone please explain why these don't cause events to show up when referenced? If this is a bug then please fix it. If not a bug then please fix it so we can find timers and counters that have been referenced.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

      Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

      Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Timon View Post

        I don't understand why you can filter using Referencing Devices to see which events they are in. All counter / timers have virtual devices as well. This is what shows up under referencing devices.

        So someone please explain why these don't cause events to show up when referenced? If this is a bug then please fix it. If not a bug then please fix it so we can find timers and counters that have been referenced.
        Just to clarify, there are Timers and Counters which can be used as a Trigger, Condition or be controlled by Actions. These are not items for which the Event Listing can be filtered. There is also the option in setup to create virtual devices for counters and timers. These devices can be used as Triggers and Conditions, but cannot be controlled by Actions. The Event Listing can be filtered on these devices. Depending on whether you use a counter or timer virtual device or the actual counter or timer will determine whether the event will show up when filtering on the virtual devices for counters or timers.

        If you use a virtual device that reflects the value of a Timer or Counter in an Event, you can filter on these Devices. If you use an actual Timer or Counter in an Event (either as a Trigger, Condition or Action) you cannot filter the Event Listing on the actual Timer or Counter.

        The virtual devices that are optionally created by selecting it in settings, are more to be used to view the values, than for use in Events.

        Jon00's Event Viewer and Documenter Script will filter on actual counters or timers.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Just to clarify, there are Timers and Counters which can be used as a Trigger, Condition or be controlled by Actions. These are not items for which the Event Listing can be filtered. There is also the option in setup to create virtual devices for counters and timers. These devices can be used as Triggers and Conditions, but cannot be controlled by Actions. The Event Listing can be filtered on these devices. Depending on whether you use a counter or timer virtual device or the actual counter or timer will determine whether the event will show up when filtering on the virtual devices for counters or timers.

          If you use a virtual device that reflects the value of a Timer or Counter in an Event, you can filter on these Devices. If you use an actual Timer or Counter in an Event (either as a Trigger, Condition or Action) you cannot filter the Event Listing on the actual Timer or Counter.

          The virtual devices that are optionally created by selecting it in settings, are more to be used to view the values, than for use in Events.

          Jon00's Event Viewer and Documenter Script will filter on actual counters or timers.
          Well, changing that takes care of the problem. Only minor issue is you need to set all of your timing to seconds since you can't enter hours, minutes and seconds. That's not an issue for me. The up side as you said allows for better tests than using times/counters.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

          Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

          Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

          Comment

          Working...
          X