Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 not emailing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HS3 not emailing

    It seems my HS3 has stopped emailing. I have multiple events set to send emails. I'm using gmail to send, and I've double checked my password and login under "setup>email".

    This is the error from the log:
    Oct-10 2:04:52 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Storage Door Locked, Attach = Connection timed out
    Last edited by CinBRandon; October 10th, 2018, 09:19 PM. Reason: tags added

  • #2
    AS I've been digging, I looked thru Gmail account settings. But then realized that my home DVR, which is older and nothing fancy, is able to access the same gmail account, dozens of time a day.

    Comment


    • #3
      anyone? anyone?

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you have 2-step verification setup on this account? If you do you have to get an app password from google. You will use that pw instead of your regular pw. If you don't, if I remember right, you may have to select the option in the gmail account settings to "allow less secure apps". Login to your gmail account you use for HS3 and at the top right select "Google Account" and then select "apps with account access" and down at the bottom you can turn on " allow less secure apps". Use your regular pw in HS if you go this route. I would only use tis account for HS if you go this way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          Do you have 2-step verification setup on this account? If you do you have to get an app password from google. You will use that pw instead of your regular pw. If you don't, if I remember right, you may have to select the option in the gmail account settings to "allow less secure apps". Login to your gmail account you use for HS3 and at the top right select "Google Account" and then select "apps with account access" and down at the bottom you can turn on " allow less secure apps". Use your regular pw in HS if you go this route. I would only use tis account for HS if you go this way.
          This account is only used for Homeseer and home DVR to send emails.

          - two-step verification is turned off
          - allow less secure apps is turned on
          - POP is enabled
          - DVR accesses fine
          - latest HS3 software is installed

          Comment


          • #6
            Maybe post a screenie of your email settings tab under Setup? Something might be amiss there. I'll just say I use Gmail send in events also. Once in a while it goes wonky, but it hasn't happened in a long time. It's unfortunate that error being thrown is less than helpful.

            Could there be something wrong with the attachment and it's timing out trying to access that? You could make a test event and try sending an email without an attachment.

            Regards
            Michael
            Regards,
            Michael

            HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

            Comment


            • #7
              The emails don't have any attachments, just text that's in the message box on the event, such as: "it's 9p, your garage door is open."

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Email set up page 181013.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1252972Click image for larger version

Name:	Gmail settings.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1252973Click image for larger version

Name:	Gmail less secure apps.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1252971
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Email event screen.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1252974
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Wouldn't explain a sudden change in functionality, but maybe try removing "@gmail.com" from your Gmail username. I also use a gmail account, and my username doesn't contain the domain.
                -Wade

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                  Wouldn't explain a sudden change in functionality, but maybe try removing "@gmail.com" from your Gmail username. I also use a gmail account, and my username doesn't contain the domain.
                  Mine does and it works. I don't see anything wrong in his settings. I think there's something wrong with the event or in the way the email is being built causing a timeout. Would like him to try a simple test email event. Since it works from his DVR, his settings in Gmail must be ok.

                  The only thing different between his settings and mine is I have no default To: address.

                  The word 'attach' in the error msg threw me off. Guess you get that even if you don't have an attachment. And what's the smiley?

                  Regards
                  Michael
                  Last edited by mmn; October 13th, 2018, 09:33 AM.
                  Regards,
                  Michael

                  HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know if this is something you might want to use but I have the Default "To" the same as the username in the email settings and I use a simple script to send to my phone. I just call it alert text message.vb and put it in the scripts sub-directory in HS. Then call for it in the event. Add what you want for a message in the Parameters text box in the event. You can make as many as you want with different script names and messages and use them wherever you need them.

                    Here is the script.

                    Public Sub Main(ByVal strSubject As String)

                    Dim strFrom As String = "your email@gmail.com"
                    Dim strTo1 As String = "your phone number@mms.att.net"

                    Dim strMessage As String = "$time $date"

                    hs.SendEmail(strTo1, strFrom, "", "", strSubject, strMessage, "")

                    End Sub

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mmn View Post
                      Mine does and it works. I don't see anything wrong in his settings. I think there's something wrong with the event or in the way the email is being built causing a timeout. Would like him to try a simple test email event. Since it works from his DVR, his settings in Gmail must be ok.

                      The only thing different between his settings and mine is I have no default To: address.

                      The word 'attach' in the error msg threw me off. Guess you get that even if you don't have an attachment. And what's the smiley?

                      Regards
                      Michael
                      The smiley was created by the formatting here on the forum, I have attached a screen grab. It looks like it list everything on the log "cc:" "Attach:" etc.

                      Will go make another test event now. But I have multiple events that have the email feature, and none are working. All worked previously.

                      I also removed the "@gmail.com" in the Setup>email" page. And previously I had nothing in the "default to" email box. Click image for larger version

Name:	Email error log.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1253011

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Created a test event. no change. Let me know if you notice anything wrong. This has to be something simple

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	email error log test email event.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1253021Click image for larger version

Name:	Email test event.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1253022

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Grasping at straws here. Can you send an email through Gmail outside HS from that same machine? Assuming also you have done the restart HS and reboot dances.
                            Regards,
                            Michael

                            HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mmn View Post
                              Grasping at straws here. Can you send an email through Gmail outside HS from that same machine? Assuming also you have done the restart HS and reboot dances.
                              The machine is a Zee S2, (rasberry Pi), that autoboots to HS3. Not sure how I'd send an email from that machine. Or maybe I don't fully understand the suggestion.

                              Yes, have done the reboot, etc. Loaded latest firmware, then at suggestion of Homeseer tech support, loaded latest beta firmware. Have not tried hitting it with a hammer... yet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X