Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events not triggering based on luminosity

Hiya,

I've recently purchased an Aoetec 6 in 1 sensor, and i'm in the process of cutting over my events which were previously only running at set times, and if a global variable was set, to once that should run between time ranges, if the global variable is set, and if the outside brightness (luminosity) is higher than a set value. The idea is to not lower the curtains / awnings unless its too bright.

I'm however running into problems with this, in that they're not triggering, and i'm sure its a problem with my logic in some manner, so grateful if someone might be able to please advise where i'm making the misktake! I remember seeing someone else with a similar problem, but i couldn't find the post about it, so happy to be pointed back in that direction if that'll fix it as well.

I've attached:
    - Trigger Values - what i'm using to set / check the luminosity
    - Kitchen Event - Old - what previously worked fine
    - Kitchen Event - New - what i'm trying to implement
    - Kitchen Related Events - A filtered view of the event log with all matches to the word "kitchen" (i.e. the name of the event) - ignore the other kitchen message as it relates to a camera that was malfunctioning
    - Event log Brightness Errors - Showing the event log when the Luminosity breached the threshold

Config as follows:
    System Information
    Current Date/Time: 26/12/2018 8:11:39 AM AUS Eastern Summer Time
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version: 10.0.17134 Service Pack: 0.0
    System Uptime: 1 Day 0 Hours 2 Minutes 35 Seconds
    User Name and Access Level: admin (Admin)
    LAN IP Address: 10.x.x.x (Server)
    Client IP Address: 10.x.x.x (Client)
    Network Adapter: Adapter -> Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V IP: 10.x.x.x/y MAC:
    Network Adapter: Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
    Web Server Address:Port: 10.x.x.x:80
    Number of Devices: 263
    Number of Events: 32
    Event Last Ran: Camera Controls : Daytime Camera Rule Triggers, Ran at 26/12/2018 5:48:23 AM
    Number of unique event scripts used: 0
    Plug-Ins Enabled: MyS0mfy:,Kodi:,Global Cache Pro:,SqueezeBox:,Z-Wave:,MCSSPRINKLERSP:,RFXCOM:,UltraSighthoundVideo3:
    Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9 at 3.26 GHz
    Modules/Threads: 103 Modules, 76 Threads
    Available Threads: 400
    System Processes/Load: 171 Processes, 36% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 27.10 GBytes / 31.89 GBytes (85% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 31.67 GBytes / 36.64 GBytes (86% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 89 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used: 8 EXE Plug-Ins using 295 Mbytes
    Grateful any assistance that could be provided please
    Attached Files

Your Srmmer - Brightness Event is broken. There is no valid Trigger. It looks like you might have deleted the original Trigger and a Condition moved up. This will hopelessly corrupt an Event. The smart thing to do is delete the Event and build it from scratch. What is it that changes the value of Ground Rack Season Variable to “Summer”? Did you want the Event to run when that variable changes to Summer as long as it is during the day before 3:00PM and if the luminance is above 1000 lux?

I would think you would want to close the blinds if the luminance goes above 1000 before 3:00PM and if the variable is Summer. If that is the case the Luminance would be the Trigger and the Conditions would be after sunrise and before 3:00PM and the global variable being equal to Summer. You would also want to add a Cindition that the blinds are not down, to keep the event from running every time the luminance changes above 1000 lux.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Hi rpade,

First of all, thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I'll try creating a new event, and see how that goes, but I'm curious, how do you know that the event is broken - am I missing something obvious here? I'd copied the original event, deleted the fixed time trigger and then updated it, but does that cause issues?

The season variable is manually set, as it's a manually made device with four values.

Comment

Two things. 1) “Choose Another” shows that no trigger is chosen and 2) no trigger can be when a device “is”, only when it “changes”, “has been for at least...” or is “set”. If it had a valid trigger chosen, the trigger type would be shown instead of Choose Another. Only a condition can be when a device “is”.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

Thanks for this - i had to play around with things as i didn't realise the constraint around "is" vs. "changes" - i'm assuming based on your text that there's no way around this, short of running an event on a schedule every couple of seconds / minutes?

I ended up working it out though, and its now working as attached - figured it might help others in the future.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by schnark View Post
            Thanks for this - i had to play around with things as i didn't realise the constraint around "is" vs. "changes" - i'm assuming based on your text that there's no way around this, short of running an event on a schedule every couple of seconds / minutes?

I ended up working it out though, and its now working as attached - figured it might help others in the future.
            That will work well. It is just as I described above with the exception you are using "Cannot Re-run for:" instead of the controlled device to constrain from re-triggering, which is just fine.

The point I was trying to make is that a Trigger cannot be based upon a device's current value, there most be either a "Set" or "Change" of the triggering device. In order for there to be a Trigger it has to be something that causes HomeSeer to evaluate the Value of the device. A "set" (an internal HS function) of a Device or a change of a Device is required. The one exception is "This Device has been for at least...". This one trigger will automatically look at the value of a device every second and after a period defined in the Event and if the value is a match will trigger. Once every second is the moment of Trigger. The same can be accomplished by a Recurring Trigger of 1 second, with a condition based on the device value. In any Event the trigger must be a "moment in time" not a static value.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

Comment

Makes sense, and thank you very much

Comment

Working...
              X