X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmaddox
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    I want to make sure I under stand this. If the fan is off and you tap once does it go to the first speed or to the last speed it was set to when it was turned off? I would want it to go to the last speed like every other device.

As far as what each tap does once the fan is on I would want it to step up one speed at a time because it does only have three/four speeds not 100 different levels like a light.

I actually wrote 5 events events to make the GE fan run somewhat like this. You have to hole the paddle long enough to stem at least one step but you get used to just how lone that is.
    The default behavior of the HS-FC is that when off and you top the top paddle, it goes to the first level. When it's on, and you tap the paddle it goes up/down one level. If you were on on high; and you wanted it off you would either hold down the bottom paddle until it hit off, or tap the bottom paddle 3 or 4 times (slowly so as to not be mistaken for a multitap scene). Personally I use events to change this behavior

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    I want to make sure I under stand this. If the fan is off and you tap once does it go to the first speed or to the last speed it was set to when it was turned off? I would want it to go to the last speed like every other device.

As far as what each tap does once the fan is on I would want it to step up one speed at a time because it does only have three/four speeds not 100 different levels like a light.

I actually wrote 5 events events to make the GE fan run somewhat like this. You have to hole the paddle long enough to stem at least one step but you get used to just how lone that is.

Leave a comment:

• dibble9012
    replied
    I modified my fan controllers as follows to allow easy control outside of the 4 speeds. In my case homebridge can set any fan speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
    Do these controllers still support "Button 1 Held" / "Button 2 Held" in their central scene functionality? Ie long press up and down.

Is the three speed four speed a configurable parameter?
    Yes they do support hold to dim up/down. and yes the 3/4 speed is a parameter

Leave a comment:

• Fellhahn
    replied
    Do these controllers still support "Button 1 Held" / "Button 2 Held" in their central scene functionality? Ie long press up and down.

Is the three speed four speed a configurable parameter?

Leave a comment:

• namtaru
    replied
    Sounds like working as intended.

Fans don't ramp up like a dimmable light bulb, they usually either have 3 or 4 speeds. You have to click up manually to go up every speed, and it jumps from 2 to 4 LED's lit because you only have a 3 speed fan.

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    started a topic Issue with Homeseer fan switches?

Issue with Homeseer fan switches?

I finally installed my Homeseer fan switches, and they work ok, except not how I expect. I expected them to work like other dimmer switches - single click on, single click off, and hold up and down to change speeds.

But they are not working that way - a single click up and down changes the speed by one interval. So it takes multiple clicks to turn off or turn to highest. And it jumps from two dots lit to four dots lit when I press up.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Maybe it's a setting somewhere that comes defaulted differently?

Working...
X