Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Send an email when error in log?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send an email when error in log?

Is there any way or plugin to solve my quest for an email for every error in the HS3 log?

There are a few plugins that monitor logs and can trigger events. UltraLog is the one I use. Jon00 has one as well. Just be careful as you could get flooded with emails if something breaks.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I also use Ultralog3. I trigger on specific errors and generically on any entry with “error” in the text. As Al stated, be sure and put a mechanism in to prevent flooding. I use “Cannot Re-Run For: 5m” under Event options. The Ultralog plug-in also has replacemt variables for the type and message so you can include the log message in your email or Pushover message.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Sounds like UltraLog then. I'll give it a try direct!

Comment

Okay - so where can I find the replacement variables? I look in the userguide for UltraLog, but draw blank - I must be missing something here :-) ?

Comment

The plugin creates two global variables: logmessage and logtype. These can be used in an email message using the HS replacement variables for global variables: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ment_variables. So it would be $$GLOBALVAR:logmessage: and $$GLOBALVAR:logtype:
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X