Send an email when error in log?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send an email when error in log?

Is there any way or plugin to solve my quest for an email for every error in the HS3 log?

There are a few plugins that monitor logs and can trigger events. UltraLog is the one I use. Jon00 has one as well. Just be careful as you could get flooded with emails if something breaks.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I also use Ultralog3. I trigger on specific errors and generically on any entry with “error” in the text. As Al stated, be sure and put a mechanism in to prevent flooding. I use “Cannot Re-Run For: 5m” under Event options. The Ultralog plug-in also has replacemt variables for the type and message so you can include the log message in your email or Pushover message.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Sounds like UltraLog then. I'll give it a try direct!

Comment

Okay - so where can I find the replacement variables? I look in the userguide for UltraLog, but draw blank - I must be missing something here :-) ?

Comment

The plugin creates two global variables: logmessage and logtype. These can be used in an email message using the HS replacement variables for global variables: https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ment_variables. So it would be $$GLOBALVAR:logmessage: and $$GLOBALVAR:logtype:
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X