Increasing Handles and HS Server crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, found it.

I actually show 1770-1780 when running everything (pretty close to what Proc Mon says):
    Arduino
    Blue-Iris
    CONCORD
    Device History
    EasyTrigger
    JowiHue
    mcsMQTT
    RFXCOM
    Sonos
    weatherXML
    Z-Wave

Events seem to have a largest effect on my number of handles. I run an avg number of events, nothing spectacular, very few recurring (and not every x secs), almost all triggered by external device or script.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      What arguments are you passing for handle64.exe so I see the same.

Z
      I'm running handle.exe as HS3 is a 32 bit process, but not sure if it matters. I'm running the following:

handle.exe -s -p HS3
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Events seem to have a largest effect on my number of handles. I run an avg number of events, nothing spectacular, very few recurring (and not every x secs), almost all triggered by external device or script.
        I believe events in the context of a handle mean something different than a HS3 event.

Comment

Also, dedicated Win 7 machine, i5 processor, 8gb ram.

Comment

Also, dedicated Win 7 machine, i5 processor, 8gb ram.
            I'm similar: W7 Pro, i7 quad core, 8gb ram

Comment

You have a clear thread handle leak. Or if that’s valid something went crazy and created thousands of threads. Each requires its own stack and that is a lot of memory. I’d loop Rich into this convo, probably firing off threads and not disposing the handles properly later.

Comment

rjh Hi Rich, any advise on ways to troubleshoot this (besides turning off plugins and events and waiting)?

Thanks
                Al

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  Update: My handles count appears to have leveled off with WeatherXML disabled, but the time span is too short to draw a firm conclusion. Will continue to monitor.
                  Hi UM, any update? Have you tried Squeezebox as well?

Thanks
                  Al

Comment

First I would update to the latest release build 500.

Check the Windows system event viewer and see if any crashes are listed there, sometimes there is useful info.

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    rjh Hi Rich, any advise on ways to troubleshoot this (besides turning off plugins and events and waiting)?

Thanks
                    Al
                    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Hi UM, any update? Have you tried Squeezebox as well?
                      I re-enabled the WeatherXML plug-in last evening. It appears that most, though not all, of my handles increase is coming from that, but compared to what you are seeing it is insignificant. (The time scale on the magenta graph is from ~9:50 AM 2/2 to 9:20 AM 2/4. The blue vertical marks are when the plug-in was disabled and re-enabled. The second graph is just the time when the plug-in was disabled.)
                      I looked at SB some time ago, but concluded at that time that it wasn't a significant contributor. I haven't checked it lately, but my handles increase is not of particular practical concern with my current hardware.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Handles 0950_2_2_0920_2_4.PNG Views:	1 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	1282233Click image for larger version  Name:	Handles0940_1620_0203.PNG Views:	1 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	1282234

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I'm wondering if could be OS related? I'm running on Windows 2016 Server as a Fire Daemon service and my handles both increase and decrease.

Robert.
                        Attached Files
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          First I would update to the latest release build 500.

Check the Windows system event viewer and see if any crashes are listed there, sometimes there is useful info.
                          Thanks Rich, updated to .500, but so far that has not helped. Most of the Thread Handles and Event Handles show as "READ_CONTROL|DELETE|SYNCHRONIZE|WRITE-DAC|WRITE_OWNER|THREAD_ALL_ACCESS". Does that provide any clues as to possible causes?

Thanks
                          Al
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1282296
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	1282293

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            I re-enabled the WeatherXML plug-in last evening. It appears that most, though not all, of my handles increase is coming from that, but compared to what you are seeing it is insignificant. (The time scale on the magenta graph is from ~9:50 AM 2/2 to 9:20 AM 2/4. The blue vertical marks are when the plug-in was disabled and re-enabled. The second graph is just the time when the plug-in was disabled.)
                            I looked at SB some time ago, but concluded at that time that it wasn't a significant contributor. I haven't checked it lately, but my handles increase is not of particular practical concern with my current hardware.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              I'm wondering if could be OS related? I'm running on Windows 2016 Server as a Fire Daemon service and my handles both increase and decrease.
                              It's possible. I used to see this on my XP system as well, but I'm assuming there are others that are running W7 that are not having this issue.

Comment

No, that does not help. It could file reads, or I/O stuff. I would disable some plugins until it goes away, most likely its a plugin doing something, or a plugin causing HS3 to do something it normally does not do.

Thanks Rich, updated to .500, but so far that has not helped. Most of the Thread Handles and Event Handles show as "READ_CONTROL|DELETE|SYNCHRONIZE|WRITE-DAC|WRITE_OWNER|THREAD_ALL_ACCESS". Does that provide any clues as to possible causes?

Thanks
                                Al
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1282296
                                Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	1282293
                                website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X