Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Simple Send Email via script returns error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Send Email via script returns error

First, The HS3 documentation for hs.SendEmail describes the parameter "Attachment" as optional. This is not true; omitting this parameter produces the error:
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'SendEmail' accepts this number of arguments.

No matter.
    I'm having a problem with this simple script: (Email address and domain altered to protect the innocent)

Sub Main(Parm As Object)
    hs.SendEmail("myemail@mydomain.ca","homeseeremail@mydomail.c a","","","Mail Test","This is a simple HS3 Mail Test","")
    End Sub

Produces the Error:
    Exception sending email via smtp.mydomain.ca (To:myemail@mydomain.ca, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Mail Test, Attach: = command unrecognized

I believe my email settings in HS3 are correctly configured.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

I just tried your command line using my email settings in the HS3 immediate script window and works fine for me so you got the string right...

Comment

Thanks for eliminating the scripting function for me. It was the server settings. Port 465, not 25 (default) and SSL was necessary.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
      X