Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 outtage intermittent issues Delayed commands switch responses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 outtage intermittent issues Delayed commands switch responses?

Is anyone else having issues with delayed commands or outages? Zwave commands directly from HS3 - ie turning on a wall switch or dimmer via HS3 software, or the app? I'm watching the logs seeing the command made, but delays of 15 seconds or over a minute until the light turns on/off. The homeseer status page shows normal. I've reset all of my equipment, and turned off and on the Zwave plug in. I tried downgrading to an older plug in version for Zwave. Scanned the network, polling, fully optimized,...yet all commands are delayed. Wondering if anyone else has any issues in the last 24 hours?

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with delayed commands or outages? Zwave commands directly from HS3 - ie turning on a wall switch or dimmer via HS3 software, or the app? I'm watching the logs seeing the command made, but delays of 15 seconds or over a minute until the light turns on/off. The homeseer status page shows normal. I've reset all of my equipment, and turned off and on the Zwave plug in. I tried downgrading to an older plug in version for Zwave. Scanned the network, polling, fully optimized,...yet all commands are delayed. Wondering if anyone else has any issues in the last 24 hours?
    Since Homeseer is not cloud-based, your issuet has to be something with your set up. What Z-wave controller are you using? I have had that issue (slow response) rarely, but it disappears. When you "reset" your equipment, did you unplug and plug back in your Z-wave controller?

Comment

HomeSeer is a local based system and has no "cloud" connections for Z-Wave devices. Any slowness as noted previously will be isolated to your equipment. Also as previously stated, first steps if there's nothing clear in the logs would be to perform a full system restart depending on system/setup.

Comment

Hello Simplex and Richel. Thanks for responding. Completely agree. I have the S6 PRO home troller. I've had a few issues with latency or delays and an equipment reset generally resolves the issue. I was watching the logs live, and seeing some garage sensors over-polling with settings I had. I was having a temperature sensor in the attic and garage poll for temps every 1 minute, which seemed to bog the controller down. Once I removed the frequent polling, and a good nights rest, it seemed to settle down and the delays resolved themselves. I wasn't sure about the local access commands, as I am also using The Home Remote: http://www.thehomeremote.com/ for the app on my windows 10 phone and windows 10 PC which does use homeseer server to connect. I wasn't 100% certain the 3rd party app was local when on wifi and remote when not on wifi experiencing some latency issues from the command time to executed command.

The problem began when I updated my Zwave plug in from the standard release
        to the Beta Release
        and then the system started bogging down. I iniated BLshutdown and access through VNC viewer to look at the start up logs on the HS3 PRO software, did some forced shutdowns and reboots on the S6 hometroller with no sucess. I did roll back the version to the .252 standard plug in as well. I'm going to go around and update my switches to newer firmware as well. I have about 60 nodes in all. You both gave me a couple of good ideas that I am going to try, so I really appreciete you input and fast response.

I can always count on the homeseer community.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
          Hello Simplex and Richel. Thanks for responding. Completely agree. I have the S6 PRO home troller. I've had a few issues with latency or delays and an equipment reset generally resolves the issue. I was watching the logs live, and seeing some garage sensors over-polling with settings I had. I was having a temperature sensor in the attic and garage poll for temps every 1 minute, which seemed to bog the controller down. Once I removed the frequent polling, and a good nights rest, it seemed to settle down and the delays resolved themselves. I wasn't sure about the local access commands, as I am also using The Home Remote: http://www.thehomeremote.com/ for the app on my windows 10 phone and windows 10 PC which does use homeseer server to connect. I wasn't 100% certain the 3rd party app was local when on wifi and remote when not on wifi experiencing some latency issues from the command time to executed command.

The problem began when I updated my Zwave plug in from the standard release
          to the Beta Release
          and then the system started bogging down. I iniated BLshutdown and access through VNC viewer to look at the start up logs on the HS3 PRO software, did some forced shutdowns and reboots on the S6 hometroller with no sucess. I did roll back the version to the .252 standard plug in as well. I'm going to go around and update my switches to newer firmware as well. I have about 60 nodes in all. You both gave me a couple of good ideas that I am going to try, so I really appreciete you input and fast response.

I can always count on the homeseer community.

Thanks!
          With using 'The home Remote' how it's connecting either via your local network or through MyHS is dependent on how you have it setup. In the app on your phone you would have to check the connection settings. I don't use that interface so I'm of little help there. If that is going through the internet even if you are home then that is going to add delay.

Comment

I would recommend turning off polling of all of your Z-Wave devices using the path plugins > manage > then click on Z-Wave on the plugin column. From here you can temporarily disable all polling and test to see if your delays improve.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Hello Simplex...so the interface on the home remote just connects to the HomeSeer servers by using my account email address and login. For the last few years I've been using the home remote, I haven't noticed any differences in latency when on WiFi (LAN) or on Cellular making commands remotely. Both have been about a half second.

Rupp. The delays did stop completely when I disabled polling on the Zwave plug in. I have a lot of nodes and a ton of devices, sensors (water leak, temps) and events, settings. Process of elimination could be tricky. Should polling be left unchecked, and an even created for polling of all devices every so many hours? What do you recommend?

Comment

Working...
              X